Reef Club Resort in Progresso

bhaworth

Has anyone been to the Reef Club in Progresso. I've seen several threads about booking through Autoprogresso and I have been in contact with them. Just wondering what it's like and if it's worth the money.

Thanks!

I spent a couple of days at the Reef Yucatan. Not sure if that is what's described as "The Reef Club". Nice facility. Food is just ok. Drinks very good. Very nice facilities. Like most all-inclusives it's ok if you want to avoid the local culture and people. Two days was plenty for me. I prefer to be a traveler rather than a tourist.

We've been to the Reef Club Resort in the Yucatan on an excursion from a Carnival ship. It was about a 45 minute drive from the pier. It was a nice resort but it was really like a booze cruise on wheels. The food included in the excursion was really just snacks, but you could definitely drink all you wanted. There were so many people that were very, very drunk and puking before, on and after we got off the bus back at the port. One lady had to be taken to the onboard medical facilities when we got back to the ship because she was passed out drunk. She was throwing up in the flower beds at the resort before we left. It is definitely not an excursion to take kids on. Needless to say, we wouldn't do it again.

If you want to go to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico and stay for a frew days, go to one of the wonderful resorts in Playa del Carmen! They are all much nicer than this resort.

• 1 month later...

I must have been on the same cruise with you that the lady was drunk, as a matter of fact i sat right in front of her and smelled the throw up all the way back to the ship..GOOD TIMES>>LOL

My husband and i have been to the reef club 2 times, we have loved it both times planning on going back on the Nove 28th cruise from galveston, there isnt much in progresso that interests us so laying out on the beach and drinking and eating is what we enjoy.

No matter where you go when free booze is included there is always someone who cant handle it. The heat and the tequilla just doesnt mix well.

The first time we went there we took our own cab out and cost us 10.00 pp. Then last year we booked through carnival i think it was 60.00 now i think it has even gone up more. Not sure if its worth more then 60.00.. I liked it best when it was 10.00.

We were there a couple of years back. Like H said it is nice but it isn't local culture. If you want to loaf by the pool, which is gorgeous BTW, and hit the open bar, it is great. There is plenty of beach to wander on and they offer a short ruins tour included in the price. Worth every penny if that is what you want. IMHO.

As for a booze cruise, I didn't see it, but maybe we were just lucky.

We just got back from a cruise on the Ecstasy and we went to the Reef Club. We booked through Autoprogreso when we got there. It was fantastic. I think it was $40 for adults and $19 for kids. Gorgeous pools, great drinks, good was OK, cheap massages on the beach. Even a kids pool with a little slide. Great relaxing day. There was not much to do in Progreso and I'm glad we went with this!!

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from a cruise on the Ecstasy and we went to the Reef Club. We booked through Autoprogreso when we got there. It was fantastic. I think it was $40 for adults and $19 for kids. Gorgeous pools, great drinks, good was OK, cheap massages on the beach. Even a kids pool with a little slide. Great relaxing day. There was not much to do in Progreso and I'm glad we went with this!!

I completely agree! We have been several times and just love the place! To me it is definately worth the money!!

• 1 month later...

We are interested in doing this when we go to Progreso in January. Where do you find Autoprogreso? You said you booked when you got there - are they close to where the boat docks? Or do you have to book ahead of time? Thanks for any info.

Pat

Archived