Dinner Recommendations In Anchorage?

MontiD

We did not enjoy Simon and Seafort's as much as Glacier Brewhouse. Food was good, but overall, if I only had one night, Glacier Brewhouse was much more enjoyable. Wherever you decide, make reservations ahead of time - they're all very busy in the summer:)

• 2 weeks later...

We were there three days last July - Glacier Brewhouse has my vote! Just down the street from the Captain Cook. By the way - it's light way into the late evening so its very safe to walk around - hard to believe the sun is setting and its after 10:30 at night!

Simon and Seaforts is very good and the view is marvelous (assuming you are there during daylight). Marx Brothers is only a few blocks away and is known for their superb Ceasar Salad. Sacks is also in the area and has great food, although no view of the inlet like the other two. Orso's is right next door to Glacier Brew House and has excellent food and a cozy atmosphere. The Brew House also has good food, though more along the lines of specialized pizza and has an open, noisier atmosphere. If you are staying near the airport instead of downtown, I would recommend eating at the Millennium Hotel. Great food in the restaurant and it sits on the largest float plane port in...hm, I think it's the largest in the whole world. (Sorry, I'm not a tour guide and up in my facts. ) Anyway, lots of good food, just be sure you have a reservation if you are eating on a Friday or Saturday night.

Glacial Blue, Anchorage

Archived