Marine Park Unlimited Snorkel?

Luv2croose

Has anyone ever done this excursion through Carnival? Do you know where the Marine Park is? Is it Chank?

I appreciate the info, my Girl Scout troop is planning a cruise next October and we are trying to budget our money and plan excurions.

Thanks,

Nora

The marine park is not one specific place. The marine park is a protected area including all of the diving/snorkel reefs. Chankanaab is within the marine park area, but it is not THE marine park. I was told that the marine park protected area starts just south of the cruise ships piers and extends around the southern tip of the island. This includes the areas along the beach as well as out in the open water. The Marine Park does research and maintains reef conservation efforts by imposing and enforcing regulations to protect the areas as well as monitoring how may people are diving/snorkeling on any given day and how many boats are within the park plus alot more. There is a $2 or $20 peso per day fee for anyone diving or snorkling within the marine park area. I would think this fee is included with your entrance to Chankanaab Park.

Has anyone ever done this excursion through Carnival? Do you know where the Marine Park is? Is it Chank?

I appreciate the info, my Girl Scout troop is planning a cruise next October and we are trying to budget our money and plan excurions.

Thanks,

Nora

I think both of the Carnival snorkel excursions end up in about the same place and it isn't very far from the ship. One (unlimited) is from shore and the other is from a boat and is a drift snorkel.

What beach bars/restaurants would be in the vicinity of Villablanca reef? Seems to me they started from one of those.

Archived