Which Beach - Paradise, San Francisco, Mr. Sanchos or Chankanaab?

loisswanson

I'm confused. First time on a cruise to Cozumel. My husband likes to snorkel and we heard Chankanaab is the best for that. I don't think the water is calm and as perfect as I'd like for just getting into the water.

We're wondering about splitting our time -- a bit at Chankanaab so he can do some great snorkeling and then a beach stop I would enjoy prior to returning to the ship.

I saw a picture of Mr. Sanchos and it looks gorgeous. We are not "party people" though and I read they have lots of group activities for those who want it. I'm wondering if another beach would better suite our needs.

I'd like to be able to freshen up prior to returning to the ship.

Can you help us decide?

Thanks,

Lois

I will admit that Paradise Beach doen't have the "BEST" snorkeling but as far as a quite relaxing beach with great service and fantastic massages you cannot find a better deal in Cozumel. The facilities are very clean, well maintained, the food is very reasonably priced and they offer snokeling equipment and kayaks and mats without any annoying vendors. Most importantly its usually not that crowded (as compared to Chankanaab on any day). I've heard that Duz Ha has the "BEST" snokeling anyway and it's only a few minutes from either beach. My suggestion is dont pay the entrace fee for Chankanaab.

Really either way, you can't go wrong.

We really enjoyed Chankanaab and thought the admission fee was worth it, as there's more to do than just snorkeling. We did, however, spend the whole day there. Chankanaab does have a beach, it's just that to enter the water, you walk down steps in the rocks. You can hang out in the chairs, under a palapa, if you wish. There is a bar/restaurant, if you want. There's also a small mini-golf course ($2 or so), nature walk, and replica Mayan ruins. If you are planning on just staying an hour or two, then I'd look elsewhere for a "free" beach. If you plan on making it a day, it's worth the cost.

Have fun deciding........there are lots of posts on this board with more information and some links to websites.

Archived