Baltimore Taxi/Limo/Sedan vs. Parking

ru_thespian

I live in Baltimore and am cruising out of Baltimore in August. :D

I am looking for recommendations for a taxi/limo/sedan service that is reliable and cheaper than parking at the port.

My cruise departs on 8/8 and returns 8/13. If I park, will I be charged for 6 days or 5 nights? I know it is $15 per day. I don't mind parking my car there. I just want to do whatever is cheapest.

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately, I don't really have an friends or family in the area who would be able to do that. Other ideas????

Hmm, the only other thing I can think of is when I worked at a limo company they had a bunch of "specials" just for airport drop offs and pick ups. I would just start calling around and asking if they have an airport package and could tailor it a little to be dropped off at the port.

Sorry I don't have any names, the company I worked for went out of business. Good luck!

You asked about being charged for 5 or 6 days. You will be charged by the number of nights in your cruise (in this case 5). I know the airport shuttle picks up and drops off people, not only from the airport but from their homes (and hotels I think) as well but from our home in Howard County it is $52.00 one way for two people. This makes it cost efficient for the 9 night cruises but not really for the 5 night ones, 7 nights are a bit closer ($15.00 more for the shuttle when we add in what we'd tip) to save the convience of driving and parking). It was a bit was nice being dropped off in front of the building but they were a bit late picking us up.

I looked at getting a limo for my family (6 people total) since we live locally as well, but we'd have to get a SUV and that was going to run us over 400 and that was including a pretty good discount. The problem really is that just about any limo company has 3 hour minimum's. We're just going to have someone drop us off.

You asked about being charged for 5 or 6 days. You will be charged by the number of nights in your cruise (in this case 5). I know the airport shuttle picks up and drops off people, not only from the airport but from their homes (and hotels I think) as well but from our home in Howard County it is $52.00 one way for two people. This makes it cost efficient for the 9 night cruises but not really for the 5 night ones, 7 nights are a bit closer ($15.00 more for the shuttle when we add in what we'd tip) to save the convience of driving and parking). It was a bit was nice being dropped off in front of the building but they were a bit late picking us up.

Thanks. It helps to know that we will be charged for only 5 nights. That may make driving ourselves close enough in price AND more convenient. The last thing I want is a taxi or car service that is late when all I want to do is get on the ship and start my vacation!

To follow up, we've generally always been happy when we've used the airport shuttle. This time was an unual occurance. They actually picked us up 10 minutes early to take us to the pier. It was picking us up from the pier they were about 15 minutes late and I had forgotten to take their phone number to give them a call. Since I didn't have their # it seemed like longer. We were also once of the first ones off since we had priority departure from NCL. We were off earlier than expected (9:15) had the appointment for 10 and I think they were on the lot about 10:15 or 10:20, well before the ship was completely cleared of passengers.

To follow up, we've generally always been happy when we've used the airport shuttle. This time was an unual occurance. They actually picked us up 10 minutes early to take us to the pier. It was picking us up from the pier they were about 15 minutes late and I had forgotten to take their phone number to give them a call. Since I didn't have their # it seemed like longer. We were also once of the first ones off since we had priority departure from NCL. We were off earlier than expected (9:15) had the appointment for 10 and I think they were on the lot about 10:15 or 10:20, well before the ship was completely cleared of passengers.

What is the exact name of the airport shuttle company you used?

Thanks

We've used The Airport Shuttle. For flights we've been able to book online. I haven't been able to been able to do this for the port. Like most websites the website is their name, just be sure to put the in the name (theairportshuttle.com).

http://www.bwitransportation.com/

that is who i used....yes they were late.....yes they made an adjustment in price...yes they were nice to deal with ahead of time....i MAY use them again if i were to cruise out of b-more..............but i may shop around too.

we stayed at the sheraton BWI (the regular sheraton next to the westin.) one of the bellman/shuttle drivers also had a name of a company to use.....

Archived