Atlantis Hotel in Bathsheba

nitnyleo

For anyone that is lucky enough to spend the night in Barbados....

If you go to the Atlantis Hotel website, http://atlantisbarbados.com/ , they claim a minimum 3 nite stay. BUT, I inquired about a 1 nite stay and they honored my request. WooHoo! Sunrise in Bathsheba!

I don't want to put Mr. Barbados on the spot, but.....

My itinerary:

AM: Harrison Cave

AM-PM: Crane beach; Crane lunch

PM Bathsheba (maybe, check out Edgewater Inn)

PPM: Do I crash or take in the jazz at Baku Brasserie in Hole Town?

PPPM: Atlantis Hotel

AM: Sunrise on the beach

AAM: quicktime shopping in Bridgetown

That’s amazing that the Atlantis accepted a one-night stay. Maybe because it was on a Sunday and most vacate on Saturday. Lucky you!

This is the oldest hotel on the island, but is well kept, just don’t expect a Hilton. However, it has a charm of it’s own and I think you’ll really enjoy it.

I really like the itinerary. Just one attraction, and then relaxation at your own pace. I wish more folks would take that approach instead of trying to do everything in a day. There’s just too much and one gets burned out.

Remember, you’re 45 minutes from Bathsheba to Holetown, so it’s a long drive but…….

……….You can sleep when you’re dead, yes?

If you have the strength, please go see Baku. It’s another world from the East Coast and the jazz on Sunday night is excellent. It could very well be the highlight of your adventure.

Call Tony Layson (He’s the manager at Baku) at 432-2258 in the early evening to affirm the jazz is scheduled so you don’t waste a long trip

Oh, one other thing……When you’re at the Crane, ask about the famous ‘Horse’. It’s a secret bathing spot for women in the 1700’s. It’s just south of the Crane property. Few tourists have seen it and if you get anxious relaxing on that beautiful beach, you may want to check it out. I can’t tell you more, but the Crane folks will.

I wish that I didn’t have such a full agenda this winter or I’d join you. It truly sounds like a dream trip….

…..And I expect a full report upon your return! ;) ;) ;)

Archived