Travel insurance

Louise45

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to mention the name of my travel insurance. I always get travel insurance with this company. I will never go without it again! Never in my wildest dreams did we imagine it would pay so well. First, my DH has had trouble with his knee for some time. While we were on vacation in April, we stayed in Oahu pre-cruise for a week. We didn't rent a car and stayed across from the Honolulu Zoo. We walked every where we needed to go at Waikiki. We did tours too with Roberts. By the time we were into the cruise his knee was giving him a fit the day we were in Kona. He took pain pills he brought with him but by the next morning, the 1st day in Kauai I had to arrange a trip to the Wilcox Memorial Hospital. His knee hurt so bad, he couldn't bend it. He couldn't even walk to get breakfast. I had to go and get someone to help me bring it to our room. We were blessed with the Walmart shuttle. I told them where we were headed (cruise workers told us it was beside Walmart and a cab would be expensive since it was about 20 minutes away) and they took us to the door! They also gave us their cell phone# to call them when we got done! I called the insurance company and told them where we were. They asked if he got hurt, and I told them no, he just over did it and his knee was swollen to the point that he couldn't walk. We even had to cancel our tour that day with Roberts. They asked if he had been seen by a doctor for that knee within the last 6 months and I told them no. They said they would pay up to $50,000 a year after we got back. I thought, no way are they going to pay after we get home when they find out he has had this problem for years! WRONG!!! He had surgery 10 days after we got back. They have already paid the doctor in full, over $6000!!! Of course they paid the ER bill in full in Kauai, that I expected. And I got a refund for the cane and medicine I had to buy him at Walmart. But we never expected it to pay after we returned! It was less than $200 and has saved us a ton of money. He is doing physical therapy now, it would cost us $25 a visit (twice a week for the co-pay) but now it's free. He will need more injections after that. I am so thankful I remembered to try it out! I almost forgot it! I had the policy with me and read it before we got off. I knew it should pay while we were there. By the time it pays for everything, I figure we'll save over $2500!

I am so happy everything went well. Knees are no fun at all. AND congratulations on the wisdom to get insurance, apparently one that pays as primary. I would dread going through my regular insurance and have them deciding what to pay for. I am convinced that if I don't get the insurance, I don't get the cruise.

Blessings,

Gail

I consider the cost of the insurance as part of my cruise. I am not a big gambler when it comes to being away from home and not have myself covered. I have health insurance that will cover us outside the country, but there are so many other costs that an emergency can cause, that I don't want to even think about it. So, for piece of mind, I pay that extra cost of having travel insurance.

I only used to get travel insurance when I traveled in the winter, due to weather concerns. Then last spring I was on a RCCL cruise with my sister and another passenger needed to be airlifted off the ship due to an accident. I found out then that if you don't have travel insurance you have a hefty bill to pay for your rescue. I always get the insurance now. It covers so much more than I ever knew.

We paid $4,500+ for a 14 day Eastern Med cruise and just before the cruise, my DH sustained 2nd degree burns on his leg in an accident at his job. His Dr. said if he attempted to go out of the country he would definitely get an infection. Uh oh....no travel insurance. At first we were turned down for even a postponement of our cruise (don't even THINK about asking for a refund), but after going through several levels of supervisors and pleading and begging, I finally found a compassionate ear. We went the following year -- this time fully insured!

I alwayss recommend trip insurance - I call it the "You Never Know" part of your trip!

We cannot control what will happen to us on the trip and we can't control what might happen back home with family.

It is well worth the extra $$. Bad enough your trip gets interrupted or cancelled, but to loose all that money .........

I alwayss recommend trip insurance - I call it the "You Never Know" part of your trip!

We cannot control what will happen to us on the trip and we can't control what might happen back home with family.

It is well worth the extra $$. Bad enough your trip gets interrupted or cancelled, but to loose all that money .........

Ain't no way, I'm spending that much money and losing it:o!!!!!!!!!!It's really not that expensive.:)

We were on The Star with my parents who are in their 80's. On the last day right before we were to leave my mother suffered a small stroke. The ship's doctors were wonderful and we were at a Seattle hospital before you could blink. The insurance took care of a hotel for us and all transportation issues including airport to her door transportaion when we got home. They booked all the flights last minute to get us home and did so with great care and good service.

We will always carry the insurance on every trip from now on. She is recovering well and we are counting our blessings.

We got stuck in Orlando due to weather...called the Hyatt upstairs...stayed overnight...the Insurance covered everything from the room and meals to whatever we needed...even reimbursed us for the additional fare for the limo from Newark as opposed to JFK the following day!

Archived