Any cabin "secrets" to know before booking on the Pearl?

Hi,

I know on other cruiselines there are certain cabins that may have a larger balcony than others in the same category or balcony cabins that sell as ocean view due to a slight obstruction, etc.

Are there any "secrets" we should know about cabins on the Pearl to get the most for our money? We are booking either 2 balconies or 2 mini-suites.

Also, we would like a covered balcony - are all balconies covered or are some uncovered?

Thanks so much! :)

Hi,

I know on other cruiselines there are certain cabins that may have a larger balcony than others in the same category or balcony cabins that sell as ocean view due to a slight obstruction, etc.

Are there any "secrets" we should know about cabins on the Pearl to get the most for our money? We are booking either 2 balconies or 2 mini-suites.

Also, we would like a covered balcony - are all balconies covered or are some uncovered?

we were on the pearl in april and stayed in a bd balcony 8038 it was a covered balcony it was very close to the elevator and it connected with the room next door to the right our balcony room did have a bed that came down from the ceiling (we did not use it) but there was one there if needed. we were happy with the location of the room!!! any other questions let me know or email me emsiam@comcast.net

Jan

Hi,

We are just off the Pearl and had a stern mini(AF - 11150) and it was AWESOME!

Our friends were next door in 11152.

11150 is the stateroom that has the reverse layout than all others on the ship. I thought it worked much better. The sitting area is located as you enter the room and the bed is closer to the balcony. Access to the closet is much easier. Nice bath tub - not just a shower. Covered balcony - but we had enough sun one day on our Alaskan cruise for me tobe in a swimsuit. With no wind it was quite toasty!

We had 6 friends over for cocktails (plenty of room for all with the cabin layout) and then did a "cabin crawl" and saw each others rooms. I got to see everything from an oceanview to AB Courtyard Villa and everything in between. The day we disembarked we had a tour of the owner's suites and other courtyard villas. We did not get to see the awesome Garden Villa as it was still occupied.

After seeing all these different spaces - for the $$$ we loved 11150! :D

Very excited to hear about the layout in 11150. We will be spending the week in that cabin in February. We have never had an AFT cabin(minisuite), but are looking forward to our week there. Did you enjoy more than one time on the balcony? We are used to the regular balcony staterooms, so the larger balcony will be a treat for us also. My one question would be; was there any major noise from the restaurant which is directly above the cabin (I think it is called the Great Outdoors)? We have been on the Pearl twice before, and our only hesitation was about the noise from the restaurant above the cabin on the next deck up. Thanks in advance for any input regarding this issue. Are you booked on your next cruise yet? We come home, and barely have gotten rid of our "sea legs" and make plans for the next years' cruise.

Very excited to hear about the layout in 11150. We will be spending the week in that cabin in February. We have never had an AFT cabin(minisuite), but are looking forward to our week there. Did you enjoy more than one time on the balcony? We are used to the regular balcony staterooms, so the larger balcony will be a treat for us also. My one question would be; was there any major noise from the restaurant which is directly above the cabin (I think it is called the Great Outdoors)? We have been on the Pearl twice before, and our only hesitation was about the noise from the restaurant above the cabin on the next deck up. Thanks in advance for any input regarding this issue. Are you booked on your next cruise yet? We come home, and barely have gotten rid of our "sea legs" and make plans for the next years' cruise.

You will love the cabin.

We did not notice any noise from the Great Outdoors just the wonderful smell of baking bread and cookies. :D

The sound of the wake is so soothing. :) ;)

One night the seas got a bit choppy and we heard the sliding doors banging back and forth until the passengers were awakened and closed their doors.

Take a C-clamp to secure your door open and listen to the wake all night.

Awhhhh! :)

We enjoyed the balcony many hours and even in Alaska - without the wind I donned my bathing suit and enjoyed the scenery. :D

And yes I have booked two more cruises....teeheehee!

Thanks for the pictures. It was great to see the SPA. We spent a week on the DAWN recently, and I just loved the SPA. But from the pictures, I am assuming the PEARL SPA is not in the aft of the ship, as it ws on the DAWN. I will be happy with wherever it is located, as I must stay out of the sun (I know...why go on a cruise ship then)? I LOVE the sun, but after 4 basal cell carcinoma surgeries in the past year (skin cancer), I now know the sun does not love me. So I have had to slightly alter my approach to cruising, and instead of seeking the sun, I now must seek the shade. It will not deter me though, as I LOVE all there is about our cruises. I just need to alter my activities, and wardrobe (lots of wide brimmed hats and constantly slathering on LOTS of sunscreen). But we still love the serenity and peacefullness of being on the ship. And on the bright side, I never have to deal with chair hogs, I leave that up to my husband.

Archived