Anyone have any thought on Residence Inn Long Beach??

Myself, my husband, and our two daughters are driving to Long Beach from New Mexico to sail on the Splendor January 10. We would like to find a hotel that is near the carnival port, dining, and shopping that provides a park and cruise rate. Any ideas? Residence inn looks good so far but I don't know if it's near anything. Please help!

We stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown Long Beach (the one on Queensway near the cruise terminal) pre-cruise last weekend. It's across the river/harbor from downtown about mile from the cruise terminal. Very nice, new hotel and courteous staff. They offer a park & cruise package but I didn't price it because I didn't need the parking.

It looked as if the Reef was the only restaurant option within walking distance. We took the free Passport shuttle to Shoreline Village and other areas with many restaurants, shops, etc on the other side of the river. It's about a 100 yard walk to the nearest Passport stop at the Hotel Maya next door.

The Residence has a free breakfast available. It was OK as far a free hotel breakfasts go, but got very crowded Sunday morning.

FYI...The hotel has no shuttle van available. They will call a taxi for transportation to the cruise terminal. It ran about $5.80 plus tip.

They were very willing to allow late check-out on Sunday morning if you plan to wait until afternoon for cruise check-in.

Hope that helps.

Archived