Glass Bottom Tour vs. Eagle Ray Divers

HolidayCruiser

Hello! My family (11 of us total from ages 6-66) is going on our first cruise in 2 weeks. We will be going to Cozumel and would like to snorkel. None of us has ever done this before, so we need a "novice-style" trip. I have been reading the message boards and have narrowed our choices down to 2: Eagle Ray Divers 2-reef trip or the Glass Bottom Boat 2-reef trip with Marlo. If anyone has done these trips, can you give me your opinion about your experience? I have been leaning toward the glass bottom boat tour because my in-laws do not want to be in the water and this would maybe give them a chance to experience the beauty of the reefs as well.

Another issue is timing. We have from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm on shore and would like to get in a little shopping in addition to the snorkel tour. Eagel Ray can take us at 10:00 am and Marlo can take us at 11:00. I am not sure how to organize both activities with those snorkel times.

Any help is MOST appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

We spent Christmas Eve with Eagle Ray Divers and were in paradise! Our family of four had a boat, driver and guide all to ourselves. We had never snorkeled before and we saw things we thought we'd only see on tv,movies and at the zoo. We were treated like royalty and lunch was excellent at a local resort. The girls (9 and 11) say "that was our favorite day" and husband and I have to agree. Please treat yourselves and do Eagle Ray Divers. We want to go back - soon!

Archived