Murano and Burano

jstducky

go to website veniceconnected dot com and buy in advance. Less money and you pick up voucher at one of their ticket booths with the voucher. You can have 24,36,48 hour depending on how long you will be there and how often you plan to take the vaparetto's.

Thank you.

Kathy:)

Burano had colorful houses and a small town feel. I enjoyed the scenic trip out there; however if you have limited time, go to Murano. We saw many fun glass structures that are great for pictures.

We spent two weeks in Venice last year in an apartment stay. We took a day and visited Murano and another day to Burano. I can't imagine you could possibly visit both in the same day from a cruise ship, AND expect to see anything of Venice in between. Unless of course you have already been to Venice before. Be advised it takes a long time to get anywhere in Venice, since frequently the vaparettos are full when they arrive at your stop , and one has to wait for the next one. If you feel you must visit one of these islands, I would choose Murano over Burano, though we enjoyed both.

I just want to reiterate this: We went to Murano and Burano on the same day. We ran into the "vaporettos are full" issue twice, both times by the same group of school children on a day trip, who totally filled up the boat. There was no way we were going to get on -- the adults in charge of the children pretty much herded them on - in front of us - and by the time they got all of those kids on, not only was there no additional room, the vaporetto was casting off.

We weren't on a cruise for this trip, so we didn't have any problem waiting for the next vaporetto. But this could cause some significant problems if you're trying to get back to the ship and cutting it close.

Archived