Decor on the Valor

valorbride

Every picture I've seen of a Carnival ship looks more over the top than when you see it in person, including the brochure pictures. The rooms are much nicer in the evenings when lighting is just right and the southern sun isn't glaring through the windows.

That said this is Carnival and these are not understated ships at all. RCCL have really nice chaple on the Voyager class ships with a skylight. Princess and Costa all have dedicated chaples on all or most of there ships. Perosonally I think RCCL has nicely designed ships that are perhaps too beige and bland, like a 90's marriott hotel.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in your wedding, but Carnival is known for being laid-back fun ships, and that atmosphere is going to be convayed to your wedding. That, and a cruise is generally not an initimate experience, it's you and several 1000 other passengers in relatively close quarters for the trip. If you want an elegant, refined wedding experience you're really only going to get that on a premium cruise line like Silversea or Radisson. However if you want an experience that appeals to mosr people, a mainline cruise will be nice too.

Sounds like you've been to Vegas. If you could not see your wedding happening at say the Monte Carlo hotel (nice place actually, but not top of line for vegas) then chances are the cruise wedding is really not for you either.

We are just off the Valor yesterday. This ship is far from gaudy. This is a very classy ship with a lot of wood. Sure, they do have some fun rooms like the Paris Hot Club with the statues wearing banana skirts but for the most part 90% of the ship is very beautiful and very classy. No gaudy on this ship.

Have the wedding on the lido deck, they all look the same, close to the bar for the big toast, you could even get the reggae band to do the wedding march.

Just teasing, i can understand you want it to be perfect and elogant, just not sure if the Valor or any other carnival ship can live up to that.

Hi folks...

I'm currently the piano bar entertainer on the Valor. I think this is definitely one of Carnival's best-looking ships. While some rooms are more playful and fun, others are down right elegant. The Valor is a Conquest Class ship, so there is no chapel like you would find on a Spirit Class ship (Spirit, Pride, Miracle), but there are some lovely rooms of small-ish size that would be perfectly suitable for a small wedding ceremony. Not sure if the library is a good choice, based on location and shape, but there are the Betsy Ross Room, the John Paul Jones Room, and Hero's Club Room (with fireplace), and, especially, the Capital Room (meeting room with chairs, etc.) that would be quite nice.

I have a lot of photos of the ship... If I can figure out how to share them with this thread, I'll post a link.

Happy holidays,

Ron Pass

Hey Ron! Have heard many great things about you and I hope you will still be there in October!!!! Try uploading the pics to Webshots or Ofoto and then you can post the link here... I'm sure it would be appreciated by all! Seems we can't get enough pics!!! I can't wait to see her in person!!!!!

I'm on until March 6, then taking a long break. Will be back with Carnival sometime around early May, but not sure what ship yet!

I e-mailed everyone on the thread a link to the pics... will try to upload to the sites you suggest for future interested parties.

Ron

Hi Ron..we were on the Inaugural Valor.. I recall you were awaiting a phone call from your family... did they ever call.. sorry we got a bit sleepy..(stayed up too late the night before.. honest it wasn't your performance..LOL) but we enjoyed your show..

So what do you know about the lady at your bar who was on her 80 something Cruise with Carnival..? I heard she was staying on for the Western Carrib...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ron,

I was on the Jan. 16th Valor cruise & at the Lindy Hop most nights (sometimes late but always made it). Anyway, can you e-mail me the link with the photos? My e-mail is linda805@cox.net Also, I have a couple of photos from the last nite to send you. What address would you like them sent to?

Oh, and what was the name of that RI song you mentioned; now you've got my curiosity up. I'd like to check it out online.

Thanks. You really are great & I had a blast; wish I knew you did show tunes last week:-).

Linda from RI

Archived