Puerto Vallarta Excursion

j4farm

I was hoping that someone has been on the Sierra Madre Unimog excursion at Puerto Vallarta booked through Carnival and could tell me the price of it. I see on the Carnival website that it says it can only be booked onboard. I would like to compare prices on an independent excursion verses Carnival. Carnival also says that the reservations are limited, I for sure want to do this excursion, so I don't want to miss out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was hoping that someone has been on the Sierra Madre Unimog excursion at Puerto Vallarta booked through Carnival and could tell me the price of it. I see on the Carnival website that it says it can only be booked onboard. I would like to compare prices on an independent excursion verses Carnival. Carnival also says that the reservations are limited, I for sure want to do this excursion, so I don't want to miss out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This excursion is run by Vallarta Adventures. This excursion can be purchased through a number of independent tour brokers. However, this is one of the few Vallarta excursions where I would book through the ship.

This is a full day excursion and the trip back from the Pacific coast beach is on the one, and only, highway that services that part of Mexico. It is a busy highway and often choked with heavy traffic.

Vallarta Adventures tailors (shortens) the excursion booked by cruise ships to ensure passengers get back to the ship on time. You don't miss anything that resort/hotel guests see and do, rather they go to a town and nature area that is a little more distant from the ship. Cruise passengers leave the beach/meal area at roughly the same time as the resort/hotel guests arrive.

Last year was our second time on this excursion (as a resort guest) and we have always arrived back in the Vallarta port area around 8 PM or later.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that is the tour we would like to do. Do you remember the cost of this tour? MSN Travelers, thanks for the information. I see what you mean by playing it safe and booking through Carnival. I just hope I get it booked in time to go, since it says there is limited seating, and you can't book it until we get onboard. Polyfan, what time did you get back to the ship after the tour? Did you have time to do any shopping before getting back on the ship?

Archived