Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

I tried using the Journey Planner going from the port of Frinhamnen to the Vasa but it doesn't say anything about bus 76. It gives me bus number one and then a transfer via metro. Is this right? Also, do you advised just getting the Stockholm Card for ease? Thank you for your help!

I tried using the Journey Planner going from the port of Frinhamnen to the Vasa but it doesn't say anything about bus 76. It gives me bus number one and then a transfer via metro. Is this right? Also, do you advised just getting the Stockholm Card for ease? Thank you for your help!

Hi, nr 76 is only in peak hour on week days. Nr 1 is usually the one to use. If it was me I would take nr 1 to Värtavägen. I would there cross the street to Karlaplan and jump on bus nr 44 that goes out to Skansen. No need for Metro at all.

I'm on vacation now but if you wait until next week I might be able to do a pictorial guide how to get from Frihamnen to Vasa Museet.

Thank you for asking this! We are on the NCL Star for this trip as well and we would like to from the ship to the Vasa first. I'm having such a hard time figuring Stockholm out for this trip that any info would be much appreciated - especially which bus to take, etc. It's so confusing and I don't know why. We'd also love to see the changing of the guards and visit the Gamla Stan.

I ended up finding the information on another thread:

If you do want to take the bus, you can buy a day ticket at Biz Apartment Gärdet AB.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Biz+Apartment+G%C3%A4rdet+AB&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Based on their website, http://www.bizapartmenthotel.se/gardet-en/service/public-transportation/, they should have day tickets for the public transport.

Here's walking direction from the port Frihamnen to Biz Apartment Gardet AB.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Stockholm+Frihamnen+%4059.341700,18.119500&daddr=Biz+Apartment+G%C3%A4rdet+AB,+Sehlstedtsgatan+4,+Stockholm,+Sweden&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=59.341406,18.11236&sspn=0.017966,0.066047&geocode=FYR7iQMdTHsUAQ%3BFV56iQMdaF8UASF-b4RSrhYBByn5sZsbtYJfRjF-b4RSrhYBBw&oq=Biz&t=h&mra=ls&z=18

Here's the bus direction from the Biz Apartment to Gamla Stan.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Biz+Apartment+G%C3%A4rdet+AB,+Sehlstedtsgatan+4,+Stockholm,+Sweden&daddr=Gamla+stan&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=59.333671,18.09268&sspn=0.01797,0.066047&geocode=FV56iQMdaF8UASF-b4RSrhYBByn5sZsbtYJfRjF-b4RSrhYBBw%3BFf88iQMdPMETASkr-Z9m4ndfRjERixY19P4AJg&t=h&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=13%2F06%2F01&time=10:00&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ls&z=15&start=0

If you do take #76, you should get off at the stop right after the palace. You would need to check what time the changing of the guard is, and you should be able to walk around Gamla Stan.

Have you tried using google maps to do your public research? You can even select roughly what date and time, and it will give you all the options around that time.

This is the bus schedule for #76, unfortunately it is only in swedish.

http://sl.se/ficktid/vinter/h76.pdf

From what I could tell, Page 1 to 3 gives you the time table from Ropsten–Norra Hammarbyhamnen, and Page 4 to 6 gives you the time table in reverse. Page 6 also has a lists of all the stops in either direction. The timetables only lists you the major stops highlighted in bold. It doesn't quite tell you what time it will get to Frihamnen, but it should give you a general idea how often the bus will run. On Saturday (Lordag) The bus runs every 30 mins before 10am, and then every 20 mins after 10am.

I actually did a lot of research, and was hoping to lead our group of 16, which include an 8 months old baby on the public transit. But the timing would be too tight to see all the sights that I wanted to see (Vasa, Gamla Stan, City Hall). So we ended up booking a tour thru a tour company.

Best of luck!

Edited by magemadness

Hi, My parents are going on a cruise in June and they visit Stockholm. My mother would like to visit the the Abba Museum (not sure my father would but he'll get dragged along no doubt!). Can you tell me if its far from the port and also do you have to book your tickets online beforehand or can you turn up on the day and get in? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, My parents are going on a cruise in June and they visit Stockholm. My mother would like to visit the the Abba Museum (not sure my father would but he'll get dragged along no doubt!). Can you tell me if its far from the port and also do you have to book your tickets online beforehand or can you turn up on the day and get in? Many thanks in advance for your help.

The museums is located on Djurgården, which is pretty easy to get to from either of the docking locations in Stockholm.

https://maps.google.se/maps?q=Djurg%C3%A5rdsv%C3%A4gen+68,+Stockholm&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.324093,18.105426&spn=0.008418,0.033023&sll=59.368223,16.530996&sspn=0.008408,0.033023&oq=Djurg%C3%A5rdsv%C3%A4gen+68,+St&t=h&hnear=Djurg%C3%A5rdsv%C3%A4gen+68,+115+21+Stockholm&z=16

Ticket wise the official website says:

Buy your ticket and book a time for your visit. You will avoid a lot of waiting time,

and instead you’ll be able to devote all your time to fun experiences and exciting impressions.

If tickets are sold out on the web you can always buy tickets over the counter at the museum.

http://www.abbathemuseum.com/en/

Many thanks for this information. It's really useful.

Dear mediana, I'm also planning the same trip on the same sunday (6/1), I'd really appreciate if you could do a pictorial guide next week. Many thanks in advance!

Hi, nr 76 is only in peak hour on week days. Nr 1 is usually the one to use. If it was me I would take nr 1 to Värtavägen. I would there cross the street to Karlaplan and jump on bus nr 44 that goes out to Skansen. No need for Metro at all.

I'm on vacation now but if you wait until next week I might be able to do a pictorial guide how to get from Frihamnen to Vasa Museet.

Dear mediana, I'm also planning the same trip on the same sunday (6/1), I'd really appreciate if you could do a pictorial guide next week. Many thanks in advance!

Hi, I'll have something up by next friday if not earlier. I just need to go down there first :).

I understand that there is a Tourist Information Center at Frihamnen. Do they sell the Stockholm Card?

That was one of the things I wanted to check up. I'll be going there on Thursday so I can check.

Thanks for all the posting and information about Stockholm. I have read A LOT of Stockholm information on the CC threads and cut and pasted tidbits into a couple documents. I then digested it down to what pertained to our dock which is Stadtgarden area and that helped to sort things out. After weighing public transportation, hoho boat, and a tour...I think we are going to get off the ship; take the hoho boat to Vasa and do Nordic Museum; take hoho boat to City Hall to see if we can get a tour...and then hoho boat to Gamla Stan. This seems doable and cost effective for us.

Will this work or do you have any advice to offer. We understand City Hall tour may or may not work depending on how many "tours" they offer that day. But in weighing City Hall or Nordic Museum, I think I want to see the Nordic Museum and painted folk art.

Thanks again for any advice and enjoy checking this site for tips.

Do you know where the Celebrity Constellation will be docking on July 11, 2013?

From where it is docking what is the best way to get to Vasa and also Old Town?

Thank you.

I have checked their website but there is no information about it. I would recommend you to send them an email: visit@stockholm.se

Thanks for all the posting and information about Stockholm. I have read A LOT of Stockholm information on the CC threads and cut and pasted tidbits into a couple documents. I then digested it down to what pertained to our dock which is Stadtgarden area and that helped to sort things out. After weighing public transportation, hoho boat, and a tour...I think we are going to get off the ship; take the hoho boat to Vasa and do Nordic Museum; take hoho boat to City Hall to see if we can get a tour...and then hoho boat to Gamla Stan. This seems doable and cost effective for us.

Will this work or do you have any advice to offer. We understand City Hall tour may or may not work depending on how many "tours" they offer that day. But in weighing City Hall or Nordic Museum, I think I want to see the Nordic Museum and painted folk art.

The HoHo boats do not go all the way to the City Hall.

You will have to get off at the Royal Palace stop and either walk or go by bus the remaining distance.

Walking route: https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=Skeppsbron&daddr=59.3262697,18.0729759+to:59.325996,18.0710118+to:59.3261336,18.0673727+to:59.327985,18.054108&hl=sv&ll=59.326502,18.071287&spn=0.007236,0.02959&sll=59.325905,18.072252&sspn=0.003618,0.014795&geocode=FexAiQMd9csTAQ%3BFT0_iQMdj8UTASmzpTdwWJ1fRjHC3IB_1gHjrA%3BFSw-iQMd470TASkBZEx_4ndfRjGhFVvXDmDhYg%3BFbU-iQMdrK8TASnHN0ME4ndfRjF9Qh6FeKgVrA%3BFfFFiQMd3HsTAQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=17&via=1,2,3&z=16

By bus, select your preferred date and time and click search.: http://reseplanerare.sl.se/bin/query.exe/en?sl=1&REQ0JourneyStopsS0A=1@O&REQ0JourneyStopsZ0A=1@O&S=Slottsbacken+%28Stockholm%29&Z=Stadshuset+%28Stockholm%29&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=A%3d1%40O%3dSlottsbacken+%28Stockholm%29%40X%3d18075311%40Y%3d59325937%40U%3d74%40L%3d300101342%40B%3d1%40p%3d1368426341%40&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=A%3d1%40O%3dStadshuset+%28Stockholm%29%40X%3d18054151%40Y%3d59327987%40U%3d74%40L%3d300101205%40B%3d1%40p%3d1368426341%40&getstop=1

Do you know where the Celebrity Constellation will be docking on July 11, 2013?

From where it is docking what is the best way to get to Vasa and also Old Town?

Thank you.

Your ship will dock at F638 FRIHAMNEN.

Use Bus 76 Southbound direction towards Norra Hammarbyhamnen get off at Djurgårdsbron and walk the remaining few hundred meters.

Use Bus 76 Southbound direction towards Norra Hammarbyhamnen get off at Djurgårdsbron and walk the remaining few hundred meters.

From the other posts, there is then a ferry to Vasa?

Thank you.

From the other posts, there is then a ferry to Vasa?

Thank you.

Ferry from where? From Djurgårdsbron?

From Djurgårdsbron just walk the 400m from the bus stop to Vasa.

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=Strandv%C3%A4gen&daddr=Gal%C3%A4rvarvsv%C3%A4gen&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.329457,18.091972&spn=0.007235,0.02959&sll=59.329424,18.092122&sspn=0.007235,0.02959&geocode=FdtUiQMdtRQUAQ%3BFYxJiQMdkhEUAQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&z=16

We will arrive Stockholm on 23rd of June and our ship will also dock in f638 Frihamnen, by Google the route to Vasa museum seems like no bus 76 is available on that day, is it no bus service on Sunday? If it is true, what I can do then. Thanks in advance for your advise.

We will arrive Stockholm on 23rd of June and our ship will also dock in f638 Frihamnen, by Google the route to Vasa museum seems like no bus 76 is available on that day, is it no bus service on Sunday? If it is true, what I can do then. Thanks in advance for your advise.

we shall se, the will be new time tables from June 21st.

However on June 9th there is a bus 76 but it doesn't leave until 09:06.

The best option is to use this journey planner:

http://reseplanerare.sl.se/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=6j.02786253.1368630941&OK#focuss

Also under search options select your preferences regarding max walking distance, methods of transport (bus, subway, trams and etc).

As we only have very limit of time in Stockholm, from 07:00 to 14:00, take off half hour each for getting out and back to ship, it's leave not more than six hours, since the hoho bus and boat only will start on 10:00, do you think it's possible to arrange as following.

1) take the bus (in case no bus, will consider to take the taxi, do you know the taxi fare?)to Vasa Museum, and arrive there before there open 08:30.

2) spent around 45 min in Vasa Museum.

3) walk from Vasa Museum to Gamla Stan (take around 30-40 min), do some sightseeing along the way.

4) walk around Gamla Stan, then take the HoHO bus to go a round, and sightseeing in the bus (it take around one and half), then take the HoHo boat, also take a round (it take around one hour), and there have stop nearby the pier, and should be able to back to ship on time.

I really don't know if it possible to work out, need all your advise, thanks.

I think you will need more then 45 minutes at Vasa.

Also I would recommend using the Djurgården ferries rather then walking.

Walk from Vasa (A) to Allmänna Gränd (B) go with Djurgården ferries to to Slussen © and walk around in Gamla Stan (D).

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=Vasamuseet,+Gal%C3%A4rvarvsv%C3%A4gen+14,+115+21+Stockholm&daddr=Ok%C3%A4nd+v%C3%A4g+to:Ok%C3%A4nd+v%C3%A4g+to:59.3254531,18.0689669+to:59.3258663,18.0697758+to:Stortorget&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.323601,18.074956&spn=0.007236,0.02959&sll=59.322703,18.074237&sspn=0.003618,0.014795&geocode=FQhHiQMdrQ4UASmvKYNtVJ1fRjFBMsG08Zrwzw%3BFcw2iQMdOxoUAQ%3BFYUuiQMdwssTAQ%3BFQ08iQMd5rUTASlRUlJs4ndfRjFenm5l_Q7pLQ%3BFao9iQMdD7kTASkFpsx24ndfRjGLDqO5btWv-A%3BFbE6iQMdbbwTAQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=17&via=3,4&z=16

To get to point A on the map above, exit Vasa and go to the right around the open dock: https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=Vasamuseet,+Gal%C3%A4rvarvsv%C3%A4gen+14,+115+21+Stockholm&daddr=Ok%C3%A4nd+v%C3%A4g+to:Ok%C3%A4nd+v%C3%A4g+to:59.3254531,18.0689669+to:59.3258663,18.0697758+to:Stortorget&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.328721,18.091641&spn=0.000643,0.001849&sll=59.322703,18.074237&sspn=0.003618,0.014795&geocode=FQhHiQMdrQ4UASmvKYNtVJ1fRjFBMsG08Zrwzw%3BFcw2iQMdOxoUAQ%3BFYUuiQMdwssTAQ%3BFQ08iQMd5rUTASlRUlJs4ndfRjFenm5l_Q7pLQ%3BFao9iQMdD7kTASkFpsx24ndfRjGLDqO5btWv-A%3BFbE6iQMdbbwTAQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=17&via=3,4&z=20&layer=c&cbll=59.32872,18.091661&panoid=FOtcZVG2bN6jTKLgqf0MXg&cbp=12,141.34,,0,-0.36

Between April 27th and June 16th Djurgården ferries leaves every 15 minutes from Allmänna Gränd (XX.00, 15, 30, 45).

From June 16th and the rest of the summer departures are more frequent.

Tickets are bought at the quay either from a ticket machine or from a manned ticket kiosk.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.waxholmsbolaget.se%2Fresa%2Fdjurgardsfarjan%2Fom-djurgardsfarjan%2F

A preview of the view from Durgårdsfärjan:

Regarding the HoHo bus, I don't recommend it, its quite pricey and imo don't really give you a good sightseeing tour.

Use the time at Vasa and in Gamla Stan instead.

Edited by Desdichado62

I would check where you are docking (or maybe you have). We are docked at Frihamnen and there is not a HOHO stop by us. So we are taking the bus or a taxi to the Vasa and then are using the HOHO boats to the remaining areas of interest we want to see. Of course we are there on a Saturday, so we do not have the direct route that bus 76 takes Monday-Friday. We also plan to buy the HOHO tickets ahead of time. I will try and post when I get back to let everyone know how our plan went lol. Hopefully successful.

I would check where you are docking (or maybe you have). We are docked at Frihamnen and there is not a HOHO stop by us. So we are taking the bus or a taxi to the Vasa and then are using the HOHO boats to the remaining areas of interest we want to see. Of course we are there on a Saturday, so we do not have the direct route that bus 76 takes Monday-Friday. We also plan to buy the HOHO tickets ahead of time. I will try and post when I get back to let everyone know how our plan went lol. Hopefully successful.

We are docked at: S167 STADSGÅRDEN. I believe the hoho boat is around the corner from the place we are docked. I'm thinking of purchasing a ticket on line and add the Vasa Musueum but I am not sure what hoho boat line is definitely there (I think there are two) and want to be sure I can get off the ship and go right over and catch the hoho boat that goes directly to the Vasa. We are suppose to dock at 9am.

Appreciate any input regarding the company to be sure I am purchasing the right ticket from the right line...and any other tips. Thanks