Noumea Explorer Bus & Tour Ideas

reading with interest the Noumea explorer.........any updates RE: ticket purchase at the cruise terminal. does the bus leave from there also? If not is it a long walk to a stop?

We are heading there in nov

cheers B&B

We were there in may last year and presuming rhapsody will tie up at the container wharf, which is within eyesight of the tourist terminal, you will get a free bus from the ship (because your not allowed to walk) inside the building are all the tour operators (no pun intended) the hop on hop off bus leaves from there, a full sized bus, and they take oz money, from memory $10 each.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Noumea in January and there was also another hop on hop off bus available, one that also included going over to Duck Island.

I didn't specifically see the Noumea Explorer at the Tourist Terminal (where the P&O ships dock), as from my previous experience, I don't recall the Noume Explorer picking up passengers at the Tourist Terminal.

We were there last May and tied up at the container wharf as another ship was at the terminal wharf. A shuttle bus took us to the Tourist Office (terminal wharf) and we negotiated with some independent bus operators outside of the tourist office for a tour of the city and outlying beaches for AUD$15 each. The tour went for about 2 hours and had a couple of stops, one at the top of a hill overlooking the bay and another at a nice beach. We thought it was good value.

The "independents" operate to a variety of destinations and are cheaper than buying tours from inside the Tourist office.

I think the "Chou Chou Train" operates from here somewhere but I didnt see where it left from. We saw it chugging along from the bus we were on.

John

Archived