Paris Hotel

Berwin

We will be doing a 4 nite pre-cruise in Paris and then fly to Istanbul to pickup ship. Never been to Paris before but we have been to Istanbul. I am looking for suggestions, probably in the 6th or 7th arrondisement for a good hotel that won't break the bank.

Good choice of location, by far my favourite place to stay and I've been to paris 10 time.

L@Academie is in a great location just a few minutes walk to St Germain des pres and the very famous Cafes Aux Flores and Cafe deux Magots as well as having loads more restaurants and boutiques around, yet it is on a quiet side street, so no noise when you are trying to get to sleep, Only a few minutes walk in the over direction and you are on the banks of La Seine turn left and walk for just over 5 minutes and you are at the fabulous Musee D'Orsay about 10 minutes walk to the right takes you to Notre Dame and about 10-15 minutes walk straight over the bridge takes you to La Place de la Concorde and the bottom of Les Champs D'Elysee. It is a very typical older french hotel with bags of character and very chique. Particularly loved the breakfast room down in the former cellar area.

Also very nice is £ Colleges which as it's name suggests close to the Sorbonne. Not far to walk to reach all the hustle and bustle of Boulevard St Michel. This is a bit cheaper than L'Academie as it's a 3 star rather than a 4. Quite small but quite charming. Had a bakers very close by, so I'd wake in the morning to the smell of fresh baked bread and usually a musician practising scales!

There also used to be a chain called Libertel that had a few 2 and 3 star hotels dotted about the left bank which were also quite nice.

We will be doing a 4 nite pre-cruise in Paris and then fly to Istanbul to pickup ship. Never been to Paris before but we have been to Istanbul. I am looking for suggestions, probably in the 6th or 7th arrondisement for a good hotel that won't break the bank.

They are a bit on the expensive but worth imo. Hotel Balzac and they are located near the Champs Elysees. Here's a link to their website

http://www.hotelbalzac.com/

Thanks for the info. I was able to locate L,Acadamie but not able to find L Colleges. Do you have a website for them. L'Academie looks very nice.

It is listed by its French name Hotel Trois College

here's a link

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187147-d239644-Reviews-Hotel_des_Trois_Colleges-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Archived