TJ Travel for St. Petersburg tours?

Has anyone had any experience with TJ Travel for tours in St. Petersburg? It is run by Julia and Tatiana. They have a registered license number, and seem to be very professional. Just wondered if anyone had any feedback.

Thanks!

We used TJ Travel in St Pete On Aug 24/25, 2010 - on a Princess cruise. We thought they were wonderful. so very professional and responsive to all our e-mails before we left home. There were just 12 of us on the tour which made it much more enjoyable than being with a large busload of people. Tatyana was our guide - very knowledgable.

We would use YJ Travel again without question.

My husband and I were on the Oceania Scandanavian Spendors cruise and spent 3 days in St. Petersburg in August, 2010. We chose a private relaxed tour with TJ Travel because we had concerns about mobility limitations. Arrangements on the internet and Olga, and she could not have been more helpful and supportive with meeting our needs. Our tour guide was Helen...so knowledgeable and thoughtful. Our driver was Alexander who was also wonderful. The whole experience made St. Petersburg the highlight of our trip. TJ Travel has our highest recommendation.

I feel like I'm echoing what everyone else has said about TJ Travel:D We just returned from our Baltic cruise and of course, the highlight was our private tour in St. Pete by TJ Travel. Our guide, Ksenia, was so very knowledgeable, personable, and took into consideration my husband's limitations as far as walking is concerned. Ksenia also knew I wanted to do a little shopping and went out of her way to take us to a few places which really caused their day to run late. Alexander (the Great) was our driver and while Ksenia and I went into the Church of Spilled Blood, my husband sat in the car with Alexander and they had a very interesting conversation. We, also, ate at Stolle (the meat pie cafe). Both my husband felt like we were saying goodbye to really good friends when we left them the second day. We were also privileged to meet both owners !! I have recommended this agency to my TA in hopes she will refer clients. I must add that after talking to those who took the ships' tours, even tho' they were great, we saw more in 2 days than the ones who took the ships' excursions. At one point I asked Ksenia how she did this day after day and she said because of her love for her country and its history!

We just got back from a Baltic cruise that included two days in St. Pete. I never heard anything bad about any of the tour companies people on our ship used, but wanted to put in my plug for Anastasia Tours. They were always very prompt with inquiries, were very efficient with the necessary paperwork, and provided us with a fantastic guide (Lana) for a really positive two days. We loved it. As a group of 12, we paid $225 per person, excluding optional tips and lunches. All of us were very happy with the two-day tour.

I can highly recommend Anastasia Tours.

Has anyone had any experience with TJ Travel for tours in St. Petersburg? It is run by Julia and Tatiana. They have a registered license number, and seem to be very professional. Just wondered if anyone had any feedback.

Thanks!

Hello... we just returned from the Baltics... wonderful and we used TJTravel.... met us outside ... signs in hand and off we went .... cash gets you a discount... no lines to wait in... good bang for your buck..

We were in St Petersburg in July with Disney Magic and booked with TJ Travel. After seeing the various recommended agencies mentioned on Cruise Critic we sent emails to all of them and discussed prices and itineraries with several. We were very impressed with TJ Travel's flexibility to visit as many sites as we wanted to pack in (we are history nuts). Julia was also kind enough to send me an extensive book list so I could "read up" in advance.

We had never used a private guide like this before and I have to say it was definitely worth it. Our guide, Katya, was able to get us to the front of every line- it was like parting the Red Sea- and she was very knowledgeable and informative. And our driver Sasha was very kind and helpful and got us as close to every site as possible. It was a luxury (there were just the two of us) but it was the best decision we ever made because the whole point of this cruise was St. Petersburg and we were able to see so much more than any of the possible ship's cruise tours. We even had a night canal cruise-during the summer, it doesn't get dark until quite late.

We booked with them on-line before leaving home. Our tour was fabulous! Our guide was very knowledgeable, personable and accommodating. Using the roll call for our ship, we joined a group to make 13. The van was large and easy to get in and out of. We saw much more than the tours from the ship as we did not have to wait at each stop for a bus load of people to get on and off. Our guide let us stop when we asked. Part of our group wanted to return to the ship early as they had three young children. That was no problem. Our guide arranged for us to meet another guide on the shopping street and the rest of the group returned to the ship. This second guide took us shopping and we met up with another car driver, who returned us to the ship. We did not have to pay anything up front and I was pleasantly surprised when our total was 5% less because we paid by cash. I sent several emails asking all sorts of questions, and I always received a prompt, polite response. I would not hesitate to use this tour company.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone added the Jewish Heritage tour to their itinerary in SPB? If so, would appreciate some recommendations. We are a group of 4 on the Celebrity Constellation Aug 26th sailing.

Thanks

Elaine

Not sure what you mean, but everyone says that the Choral Synagogue is a great stop. I believe that frequent poster GiantFan Len added this stop to a regular SPB itinerary.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are booked with TJ Travel for a private day tour on August 8, 2011. I have to say, Olga has been FANTASTIC to work with.

Her prompt responses, and willingness to go the extra mile for us on unique request has just been stellar (we want to be able to purchase a custom KHL SKA hockey jersey while we're there for our son).

I'm very impressed thus far and am looking forward to a great day with them!

We are also just back from a Baltic cruise and used TJ Travel in SPB. We had their "all highlights tour" and it was absoutely great. Our guide was Sophia and she was extremely knowledgeable. In planning the trip, Olga was always very prompt and helpful in answering questions. If we every get back to St. Petersburg, which we hope to do, will certainly use them again.

We are booked with TJ Travel for a private day tour on August 8, 2011. I have to say, Olga has been FANTASTIC to work with.

Her prompt responses, and willingness to go the extra mile for us on unique request has just been stellar (we want to be able to purchase a custom KHL SKA hockey jersey while we're there for our son).

I'm very impressed thus far and am looking forward to a great day with them!

We have been messed around by Anastasia Travel - very slow to respond. Olga at TJ Travel appears to be coming to the rescue. So quick and helpful. We sail on the Eurodam tomorrow!

Just got back, and had our two day tour with Dina from TJ Travel.

It was a great tour, and Dina was extremely knowledgeable. We really enjoyed our two days with her.

We also did the evening ballet, which was a wonderful experience.

By all means, use TJ Travel for your St. Petersburg excursions. They are very responsive to all requests and communicate with you all the time prior to your arrival. We did a 2-day St. Petersburg tour when our NCL Sun was in port in early June. It could not have been any better in my opion. Our guide, Victoria, spoke very fluent English and besides, she was so knowledgeable about art history and Russian history. She knows her way around the Hermitage and will make sure you see the most important exhibits. She also knows how to get the smaller group you will be in around the big groups that are blocking passages in some places. She is fantastic! I highly recommend TJ Travel - you can rely on them.:)

Archived