late flight from athens on disembarkation day

2irisheyes

On disembarkation day in Athens our flight is not until approx 7 pm. Our cruise is on Azamara Journey. We were assured by our travel agent that although we would be taken to the airport early, it would not be in the morning. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this.

Azamara offers an excursion/transfer for those with flights after 3:30 p.m., called Athens Sightseeing & Acropolis with Airport Transfer (details are on their website). I wonder if that's what your TA was referring to? It's only a half day tour, so probably would still get you to the airport quite early.

When we disembarked in Athens we had a driver (pre-arranged) pick us up at the ship at 8 a.m. for a tour of Corinth & Mycenae, and we were dropped off at our hotel in Athens at approx. 5:30 p.m. A day with a private driver to explore Athens or an outlying area, with an airport drop-off, might be more enjoyable if you are concerned about having too much time to spend at the airport.

Thanks Susan. I have seen the two tours on offer in Athens - one ending up at the airport and the other in the city centre for people staying on in Athens. The tour which ends at the airport I think goes to the Parthenon which we have already visited. It is also quite expensive in my opinion, particularly as it would be a repeat visit. We are enquiring if it is possible to take an earlier flight. If all else fails I think we will check in our bags at the airport, if possible, or deposit in luggage storage and head out somewhere from the airport. If there was a tour visiting a Greek village where we could have lunch or something like that I would be more interested.

Thanks Susan. I have seen the two tours on offer in Athens - one ending up at the airport and the other in the city centre for people staying on in Athens. The tour which ends at the airport I think goes to the Parthenon which we have already visited. It is also quite expensive in my opinion, particularly as it would be a repeat visit. We are enquiring if it is possible to take an earlier flight. If all else fails I think we will check in our bags at the airport, if possible, or deposit in luggage storage and head out somewhere from the airport. If there was a tour visiting a Greek village where we could have lunch or something like that I would be more interested.

I have a wonderful guide in athens, I was just with him in May and highly recommend him..

Jancruz1

• 5 weeks later...

Susan,

Hi, I will be on the same cruise and I would be interested in knowing the name of the company that you are using for your private tour of Athens and ride to the airport. My flight is earlier in the day, but I felt if I left early enough and had a good driver, perhaps we could get in a few sights. I appreciate your help.

Best,

Elizabeth

Kalimera Everyone...

I saw the mention of a private guide above.

My DH and I were just in Greece as part of our land vacation.

Based on comments on this board we hired Spiros for a 2 day tour to Delphi and Meteora.

After spending 2 days with him

I DO NOT recommend him.

We were very displeased with the way spoke about George and Paul, in addition to his overall attitude. Very unprofessional!

If needed I can go into more specific details in a private email.

We used this Gentelman on a recent Athens cruise and found him reliable and very informed, he speaks English very well, he transported us in a Mercedes 600 Series vehicle and was priced fairly:

"Thanasis Yiannakoulakos"

37, Paofirou Elia Str,

Perama -Piraeus

188 63 Greece

Mobile Phone --094-426550

Home/FAX - 44. 11.830

Archived