New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

I know of at least three other cruisers who cruise only with Celebrity for at least 20 weeks a year. I call that an addiction for which we don't want a cure. In December there will be 3 couples on board with more than 100 cruise credits and another with over 80. There might be others on board as well but I don't know their travel plans.

Oy! that's sure alot of sea-time! makes me wonder how do they pay for so many cruises/tips/etc. Perhaps their shore-berth isn't pricey, so they can afford it. I should think the really wealthy would have other properties to which they could escape, whereas, it makes me think that that many cruises IS their 2nd home:rolleyes: I like cruising, but even I can't imagine that many nights at sea. WOW!

Oy! that's sure alot of sea-time! makes me wonder how do they pay for so many cruises/tips/etc. Perhaps their shore-berth isn't pricey' date=' so they can afford it. I should think the really wealthy would have other properties to which they could escape, whereas, it makes me think that that many cruises IS their 2nd home:rolleyes: I like cruising, but even I can't imagine that many nights at sea. WOW![/quote']

People who take this many cruises have to be retired. We take about 3 to 4 cruises a year no more than 6 weeks total. Rod still works and is in business for himself and we have two homes in different states and family to see. One can only take so much time away from daily life. I wish I could take more cruises a year and maybe someday we will. Everyone should do what is most important to themselves and if it is crusing, I say let them. My husband has a saying and it is "Life is too short, Eat dessert first." Nothing beats going to sleep with the sea slapping the side of the boat. If I could pick my final moment that would be it.

Pat

I know of at least three other cruisers who cruise only with Celebrity for at least 20 weeks a year. I call that an addiction for which we don't want a cure. In December there will be 3 couples on board with more than 100 cruise credits and another with over 80. There might be others on board as well but I don't know their travel plans.

Their 'portfolio' has obviously weathered the recession better than mine.:o

I just received an email from a friend who completed his cruise on Azamara Quest this week:

Azamara HAS NOT IMPLEMENTED these new benefits at all.

In fact, officers and staff had not even heard about it.

We reproduced email sent from Miami which had BOTH Azamara and Celebrity logos at the top of the page and gave it to them.

They seemed annoyed, as would any front line employee, that head office had sent out information to customers and not informed employees.

They could not tell us if Azamara would or would not be implementing the new benefits.

• 1 month later...

We are very excited about the new Captain's Club Elite benefits, which we will use for the first time with the revisions next month on the Mercury. Of particular use on our 17-night cruise will be the Internet minutes, laundry/pressing/dry cleaning services, and morning cappucino & fresh squeezed juice in Michael's Club. And also use of the thalassotherapy as in the past.

Anyone who has been on the Mercury since the implementation of the revised benefits, can you tell us if the thalassotherapy pool is free during the entire cruise for Elite members, or only when in port? We called Captain's Club and they said it could go either way and may depend on how many Elite members are on board.

The benefits state "Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool. (Celebrity Mercury only)" but on our Galaxy cruise in March (last Galaxy sailing), they only let us use it free of charge while the ship was in port.

Kathy

Archived