Celebration on board= suggestions please

We are sailing on IOS on 2/9/09 and wondered if any of you had any ideas of something that will make this cruise extra special as it my husbands 50th. I have looked at the gifts and gear but am not sure if these are good value for money and would really appreciate any suggestions of what I can do to make this a cruise of a lifetime ( clean ones please!! lol)

Go on renew your vows on board.

Hi-- you old romantic you!!!! Frank is my 3rd hubby and only been married a few years so the ink is still wet on the marriage cert!!! Dont want to tempt fate--- LOL- thanks for suggestion though-- maybe on our 25th -only another couple of decades away !!! LOL

I hope you're not sailing on 2/9/09 because if you are - you missed the ship. How about a special dinner on your balcony. You can purchase the decoration package and have it all decorated and it might not be the best bang for your buck - it's not exactly a rip off either. Enjoy

I hope you're not sailing on 2/9/09 because if you are - you missed the ship. How about a special dinner on your balcony. You can purchase the decoration package and have it all decorated and it might not be the best bang for your buck - it's not exactly a rip off either. Enjoy

Hi that sounds a really good idea--- 2/9/09 is the date we are sailing (british way of writing the date 2nd September 2009) its 9/2/09 in the USA which I presume is where you are from. Thanks for your help- we are in the USA next year staying in Florida for week and then sailing on Oasis which I am really excited about!! We sail on 12/6/10 ( 6/12/10 USA) anyway 12th June 2010!! Take care and thanks again

For me, the CRUISE is the special thing!

Yes you are right and I have upgraded to a balcony for him----suppose thats enough really! what more does he want for his 50th--- thanks you have saved me a lot of cash !! Lol

Make the most of your balcony by having breakfast in your cabin one morning...we did this on our last cruise and it was lovely to sit out in the privacy of your balcony having a delicious breakfast and watching the ocean....mention it is a special occasion also you never know they may throw in a bottle of bubbly ;) They did on our honeymoon!

How about writing him a special love note and give it to your waiter to bring out w/dessert? You could keep it simple and just tell him how wonderful he is and wish him a happy birthday. You might want to make a sign at home beforehand and sneak it outside the door the night before his birthday and he'll be surprised when he goes on the next day. Whatever you do, have a wonderful cruise!

We are sailing on IOS on 2/9/09 and wondered if any of you had any ideas of something that will make this cruise extra special as it my husbands 50th. I have looked at the gifts and gear but am not sure if these are good value for money and would really appreciate any suggestions of what I can do to make this a cruise of a lifetime ( clean ones please!! lol)

:cool:Who cares if gift are good value. Have wine and cheese and crackers, and/or champagne (korbels) and strawberries (choc covered) waiting in room. Get birthday decorations. Only 50 once. Book chops and portofino's as soon as you get on. Very special, and worth the price. Get wine package. One per day if wine drinkers.:cool:GO FOR IT> You only live once:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Archived