Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

• 1 month later...

My DH and I fell in love with Tim Tams on our trip to Australia in 2006. For years we had them sent from http://www.simplyoz.com/products/australian_food/tim_tams__biscuits__crackers now they are available in grocery stores, which was quite pleasant!!:D:D

If only we could get Schweppes Lemonade.....:(

Laura

My DH and I fell in love with Tim Tams on our trip to Australia in 2006. For years we had them sent from http://www.simplyoz.com/products/australian_food/tim_tams__biscuits__crackers now they are available in grocery stores, which was quite pleasant!!:D:D

If only we could get Schweppes Lemonade.....:(

Laura

Do you think the Tim Tams taste the same as the original Arnott's ones. A few people have said they are not as nice.

I agree about Schweppes Lemonade...... very nice :D

Do you think the Tim Tams taste the same as the original Arnott's ones. A few people have said they are not as nice.

I agree about Schweppes Lemonade...... very nice :D

Eileen, thanks to you I know the difference. And I do think they taste the same. Then again, I didn't compare dark to dark and caramel to caramel. And, I am far from being a connoisseur. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I got into this thread but because of previous Tim Tam discussions with Pia I noticed them just yesterday at our local Publix. They were located by the nuts and pretzels, not the crackers/cookies. 'Guess I will buy a box the next time I grocery shop! Karen

I don't know how I got into this thread but because of previous Tim Tam discussions with Pia I noticed them just yesterday at our local Publix. They were located by the nuts and pretzels, not the crackers/cookies. 'Guess I will buy a box the next time I grocery shop! Karen

Thanks for the tip. I know I can get them at Target but usually forget.

• 3 months later...
There is a huge pyramid display of the Tim-Tams at our local Payless-Kroger grocery store. I'm not sure if this is a holiday display or if they will start selling them.

Cari in Indy

I introduced more Americans on our Caribbean cruise last month so thank you for the information....... go find them everyone, looks like they are back!

I introduced more Americans on our Caribbean cruise last month so thank you for the information....... go find them everyone' date=' looks like they are back![/quote']

eileen,looks like next time you come stateside, you may not have to carry a suitcase of them here, unless of course, you want room for all your gifts.

My hubby & I were visiting Brisbane and a friend introduced us to Tim Tams. I actually bought enough to bring back to share with my class of 3rd graders. They are now in the States. You can get them at Target and also at World Market. We have friends coming to visit us soon from Australia and I need to get some to have on hand while they are here. :D Mmmmmmm!

I'm a kiwi, and every time I'm in the states, I like finding the differences/similarities in food. Nothing really looks quite like a Tim Tam, eh?

On another note, you sure us kiwis didn't invent it first? Ha!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Cost Plus World Market - I did see several different Tim Tams at the one in San Francisco, there is one in LA (Santa Monica Boulevard - at least that is what Google said!).

Not cheap though.

i think I also saw them at Urban Fare in Vancouver - not a 100% definite - but I do think they were here.

Love Urban Fare... Actually the World Market store in San Francisco was pretty amazing too, lots of different things here - things from all over the world, and even sell liquor too.

There was also this small independent grocery store near the Pan Pacific hotel in Seattle that I think I recall seeing Tim Tams in.

And no, not every one in Australia enjoys Tim Tams - I find them really grainy on my teeth - a very strange texture - but I am in the minority as a non Tim Tam lover - i much prefer a Chocolate Monte!