Carnival Legend?

Snowbuddy

I am looking at a cruise at the end of next summer, and due to the unbeatably low price, am considering the Legend. It would be me, DH, DD (would be a little over 2 yrs old), and if I can convince DH & my parents, my brothers (would be 17 & 18). What can you tell me about the Legend? We have cruised Carnival before, but it was always just DH & I, so I never had to think about activities for anyone else...what shape is the ship in? What did you think about it? I know this is a pretty vague question, but I just want to get some feedback on what others think of the ship...

I am looking at a cruise at the end of next summer, and due to the unbeatably low price, am considering the Legend. It would be me, DH, DD (would be a little over 2 yrs old), and if I can convince DH & my parents, my brothers (would be 17 & 18). What can you tell me about the Legend? We have cruised Carnival before, but it was always just DH & I, so I never had to think about activities for anyone else...what shape is the ship in? What did you think about it? I know this is a pretty vague question, but I just want to get some feedback on what others think of the ship...

My first cruise was on the Legend in 2006. She is a beautiful ship, and I'm sure still in great condition. I still compare others to her. I sailed with my BFF, we had a lot of fun doing karoake and going to shows. The Disco was cool too.

We were on the Legend in May. We loved the ship! DW and SIL loved the spa (albeit they didn't do any of the salon stuff or massages). The ship is laid out nicely and you can get your bearing easily enough. Go to the review pages and see the reviews. Most of the negative stuff is related to missed ports or unfulfilled over-expectations. Tampa is an easy port to get to and embark. Several hotels have good prices. Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn in Ybor City come to mind.

As far as ports, Grand Cayman can be expensive, but your little one might like the turtle farm. Your brothers would love the beaches and maybe Sting Ray City, or visiting "Hell" for the picture to say you were there.

Plenty to do in Cozumel, especially the beaches. Roatan is very beautiful, don't let all the threads asking is it safe scare you. Fin and Flippers is an affordable option for everyone if you don't want tot zip line or do a tour. If you do want a tour, contact Victor Bodden (info in the Roatan board). Belize may have more limited options for you unless you want to go tot he beaches. Going to the Mayan ruins can be interesting but may be a bit long for the little one and a bit too boring for the teens. But send them cave tubing. And take the little one to the zoo (more of a game perserve).

Inshort, book it. Bring your attitude of just going to have a good time and relax and then enjoy the cruise.

Thx! We've actually been to GC & Cozumel before, and enjoyed them...probably won't do any ruins for sure, though. Did the ruins at Tulum once, which was fine, but DH was kind of bored, and we have the "been there, done that" feeling about visiting any ruins now...thx very much, though, for your input, you gave me some really good ideas that I hadn't thought about. Glad to hear it is fairly easy to get your bearings on the ship--DH has had probs w/ that on some of the CCL ships, :p!

Archived