Holland America Alaska explorer train pic wanted

Northern Light

Has anyone a picture of the inside of a Holland America dining car? Although we were on a Princess Alaskan cruisetour last month, we were seated on a HAL train car. I neglected to take a pic of the inside of the dining car. Since I scrapbook, I wonder if anyone has a picture that they would be willing to share with me. I would sure appreciate it.

Sandy:)

We took the train from Anchorage to Seward last month to catch our HAL ship. I don't remember exactly what they called these cars (not the dining car) but maybe this will help.

[ATTACH]124233[/ATTACH]

Thank you very much for the pic but, unfortunately, that's not it. However, it did make me realize that I have to be even more specific. I think that the HAL train might have been called the McKinley Explorer. The top level, which was domed, had regular seats all facing forward. Our train car also had an elevator to take passengers with mobility problems to the lower level where the dining area was. This level was only used when serving meals.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness. I appreciate your effort.

Sandy :)

We took the train from Anchorage to Seward last month to catch our HAL ship. I don't remember exactly what they called these cars (not the dining car) but maybe this will help.

[ATTACH]124233[/ATTACH]

Is this the Coastal Classic? I fly into ANC in September and am thinking of using this to get to Seward for my HAL cruise. Does it only leave at 6:45am?

Thank you very much for the pic but, unfortunately, that's not it. However, it did make me realize that I have to be even more specific. I think that the HAL train might have been called the McKinley Explorer. The top level, which was domed, had regular seats all facing forward. Our train car also had an elevator to take passengers with mobility problems to the lower level where the dining area was. This level was only used when serving meals.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness. I appreciate your effort.

How about these ? These are the only ones of the inside of the train I have. Roly

IMG_0538.jpg.b91e0b7a8c09cb72fa4f38f798358ea0.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg.2a739ef15d2b6334f4582c7764e37d6b.jpg

How about these ? These are the only ones of the inside of the train I have. Roly

I sure appreciate the effort to help me, Roly, but that's not it either. The dining area wasn't domed. It sure was a comfortable train though, don't you think? It certainly exceeded my expectations for viewing.

Thanks again,

We were on it in June and this is the only picture I have of it.I hope this is what you wanted.

Thanks a bunch, Zoena for taking the time to send the picture of the dining car. That's exactly what I was looking for. Hurray!

Hope you had as good as trip as we did.

Thank you very much ARRTrain for the links. I am always intriqued to see how things are put together so found those pictures quite interesting. All of the pics are very good. CC members are truly fabulous and I so appreciate everyone's efforts to answer my request.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Sandy

Archived