Live from the regal

Mary Jane 711

MaryJane good to hear from you! We have been waiting for your cruise to get your first hand update on the Regal's condition following dry dock. Some have reported that what some of us expected from this dry dock did not happen. Please fill us in on your impressions!

BTW what port did you miss due to the heavy sea conditions? Force 10 gales and 20 seas are perfect cruising conditions for some of us that love cruising. LOL We are jealous!

Rod

This is what I can tell you about the condition of the ship. The upholstery looked brand new as did the carpets. However with the liquor bottle damage on the bad seas the new carpets really reeked for a good week. But they were busy cleaning them thoughout. The decor is nice, not flashy. I dont know if anything ( bars and such) had been moved as it was my first time on board. I found it an easy ship to find your way on, but that was because it was not real big. I liked that ..but on a 15 day cruise I wished I had more to do. We all really missed getting to go to Costa RIca...was a huge disappointment, but that was captains decision...he was in charge.:o It was the trip of a lifetime. If you can get an opportunity to go thru the canal, do it...its magnificent. The cruise director and her staff were tops, I would say everyone was nice. This cruise had a lot of elderly and a lot of complainers. Next time if you have something bad to say..keep it to yourself.....please! Me thinks some have it too good all the time. It was great.. I am happy:D

Archived