Survey Says... which ship out of Los Angeles?

PrincessLucy

We're planning on a Panama Canal cruise for next year. We will probably do a 15-16 day and want to leave out of Los Angeles and end up in Florida. I found several to choose from and would love if you would give your input on Cruise Line and/or Ship. Thanks much...

Norwegian - Pearl or Star

Celebrity - Infinity

Princess - Island or Coral

Also - your favorite month to cruise the Panama Canal. :)

I would suggest either the Princess or Celebrity ships. We have never been on NCL but generally feel from others comments on the boards that they aren't as "nice" as the other two lines. We did the Island for a 15 Hawaiian cruise and loved the ship so we have a bias.

We have done two Panama Canal crossing. One was in Oct from Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale and the other was from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles in the spring. Both were on HAL.

Have a great next cruise.

I would suggest either the Princess or Celebrity ships. We have never been on NCL but generally feel from others comments on the boards that they aren't as "nice" as the other two lines. We did the Island for a 15 Hawaiian cruise and loved the ship so we have a bias.

We have done two Panama Canal crossing. One was in Oct from Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale and the other was from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles in the spring. Both were on HAL.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks for the info... I don't know why I didn't include HAL but will look into that one also. Did you prefer fall over spring or vice versa?

We did San Diego to FLL last year on RCI... wonderful. I think any on the major cruise lines, HAL, Princess, Celebrity and RCI will do a great job. If you have a favorite out of that bunch you might be more comfortable going with them. As far as spring or fall I don't think there will be much difference except hurricane season in not over until the end of November, this is valid for the Atlantic basin and the eastern Pacific. Having said that, we were about 4 days behind a hurricance off of Cabo, couldn't have found smoother weather! The whole trip was very smoothe, so I don't really know how much of an impact hurricanes will be. Most if not all of the spring Canal transits take place before hurricane season.

Whenever you go, here's to smoothe sailing!

Our upcoming Canal cruise will be our first, but it is our 4th cruise on NCL. Everyone's opinion is different...we really like NCL. Would be glad to have you join us on the Star!

Wish we could but we are going on a 7 day cruise in Sept to Mexico so I think that will be it for this year ;)

Archived