Newbie, need help with excursion provider....

Easyone

I am organizing a group cruise for family and friends on NCL Jade for May, 2010. It will be our first cruise to the Med.

I am interested in a private excursion provider in Rome called, "LimousineSystem.com" but have not come across any thread on them:confused:. Their website is the most detailed and informative one that I've seen. Has any of you experienced cruisers ever used them or heard of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Easyone

I am organizing a group cruise for family and friends on NCL Jade for May, 2010. It will be our first cruise to the Med.

I am interested in a private excursion provider in Rome called, "LimousineSystem.com" but have not come across any thread on them:confused:. Their website is the most detailed and informative one that I've seen. Has any of you experienced cruisers ever used them or heard of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Easyone

I can't comment nor am I familar with the company you are asking about.

A website is only one way to judge the quality of a tour/guide.

The others are word of mouth and recommendations, IMHO more important. Like you I planned all the port activities for a family group of 11, feeling signficant pressure to not be let down in port I did a lot of research here. I ended up using one of the most highly and often recommended private tours in Italy. They weren't the cheapest, but for a few more euro/person I can say I was happy I spent the extra amount and have no complaints or thoughts of how my days could have gone better.

Not trying to steer you to any one company but we had a 3 of our greatest day with RIL.

Good luck

I haven't used them, but a search in the "Search this Forum" section of the Med page reveals 4 threads where they are mentioned or asked about, but no one has used them.

Here's a link to a thread on tripadvisor: http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k974711-l17689375-Have_anyone_used_Limousine_System_in_Rome-Rome_Lazio.html#17689375

I thought it was strange that the question was asked in 2007 and two years later two first time posters posted recommendations, with very similar info. It's the only time those posters have posted on TA, and this appears to be the only thread about the company on Tripadvisor.

They may be a good company, but there's very little feedback to go on on CC and Tripadvisor ... two top travel websites.

Thank you all for your suggestions. The "Search" botton works great, thanks you Susan!

And thanks, Annie (from off-line), I'll be waiting for your impressions wfter you guys get back from your trip.

We're still a long way from the cruise, I'll keep my eyes peeled for new informations.

Easyone

Romeinlimo.com is the company that we used based on CC recommendations. They were super. The customer service was outstanding. We used them in Florence and Naples and got a discount for multiple bookings.

We used RomeCabs.com in Rome and were very happy with them as well. DreamTours was the tour provider for us in Villefranche.......but we were so tired by the time we reached there........

Also Romecabs I would use again. Price is a little better then RIL.

Also used Angelo Vari at yahoo - we spend a fun and facinating day with him in Rome. Would use him again in a heartbeat. Used him for transfers to and from ship.

Archived