Venice transportation and Restaurant questions (These may the first of many)

saunjudy

We are in Venice for one day before embarking on our ship, the Celebrity Summit. Since this is our first time visiting Venice, I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with. We are staying at the Bosco Bellini Hotel on the Grand Canal, next to the Venezia S. Lucia (train station) and across from the Ponte Degli Scalzi (bridge). I believe there is a water taxi and/or bus station next/or near the bridge.

My first question is: What is the best option for getting to the hotel from the airport? Second best option?

2. Are there any good restaurants/Bistros near our Hotel? They don’t even have to be near it if they are easy to get to. Our hotel does not have a proper restaurant (from what I can gather), although it apparently does offer a very expensive, but less than adequate breakfast.

3. What is the best option for getting ourselves and our luggage from our hotel to the port? Will the Summit have a shuttle from the train station?

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions you may be able to give us.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, if anyone has stayed at the Boscolo Bellini I'd love to hear your review on cleanliness and practicality of the room layout for 2 adults. (Are the showers fully enclosed or can the water splash all over the bathroom?)

Thanks!!!

Archived