Will Houston still have the "DREAM" in the fall of '06?

Sophie

I know the Dream will be sailing out of Houston from Oct. '05 till April '06. What about after that? Does anyone know if she will stay or will another NCL ship replace her. Or will NCL just stop sailing out of Houston. I sure hope not. We're researching for our next cruise and we're considering the Dream, but maybe not till fall of '06. Thanks for any info on this. 4_1_4.gif

Well, since NCL slowly letting their older ships leave the fleet over the next few years only time will tell. I do not think there is a firm timetable when various ships to leave the fleet.

However, once a ship's days are numbered NCL has a bad history for maintaining them. Having sailed the Norway during her first "farewell" season (1 week before the coast guard shut her down in port for safety violations) I know how deferred maintenance can get. The marketing department generates alot of hoopla regarding "bon voyage" and "sunset" seasons for a ship. In reality the cruise line has no interest in investing in a vessel they are parting with and the crew tends to be disheartened knowing "their" ship is going. The Dream already has engine issues that NCL seems to be defering, the Wind (sister ship) is rumored to be a bit of a mess.

Why not take the NCL Sun out of New Orleans - much newer and nicer ship - we have opt'd for this choice in Oct. 2005 - Houston is alot easier for us - did the Sea twice - we want to try the Sun vs. the Dream.
Haven't thought of that. I'll add the Sun to our list! Thanks! 8_2_69.gif

Archived