Minerva II - 1 January to Seychelles

mancunian

Hi Edinburgher

Glad to see you are back safely. Very interested in your problems going out. I have been playing around and added you to my buddy list and am hoping his means you can get my Email address.

Look forward to hearing from you either by Email or failing that on here.

Angela

Whilst waiting for guests to arrive I too have tried to play around with Buddy and email. Buddy only seems to tell you that the other person is online at the same time.

Email is showing "not available at this time"

No facility for private messages either.

Keen to give you home email but dont want it left on for all to see and it appears that that would happen as it appears that theres no option on this forum other than to post it as a "reply".

I have a suggestion if you are amenable.

I am a regular on Lonely Planet forum. Its called The Thorn Tree. Its possible on LP to send and receive "private messages" which are unseen by others. Its useful insofaras its possible to have "conversations" such as you and I have without them being permanently on view to others. If you go to www.lonelyplanet.com and click on The Thorn Tree and follow the steps to register, we can use this as EITHER a means of communicating OR only for the one private message in which we could exchange home email addresses. (you could then deregister. The choice is yours. If you feel this would be a solution (and I am happy with either option) then I am registered as CELT. Once you register, send me a private message. You would click the SEARCH box, then enter CELT in the AUTHOR search box. Once the results pop up, just click on CELT to see profile, send pm's etc. Click "send a private message to Celt" and up will pop a blank page for you to do this. When you have a pm of your own, once you log on with your user name you will see a number eg 1/2/3 in front of private messages (top right) this means you have 1/2/3 pms. You just click to access.

Fiona.

I just checked and had a message. Slightly wrong info above.

It will say eg 1/2/3 new messages. Click to access.

"View history" will allow you to see older messages you have sent and/or received.... once you have some! :0)

Archived