Requested Special Dietary Requirements on Pacific Dawn

sunbaker

Hey everybody,

Just wondered if anyone has had any experiences of requesting special meals on board Pacific Dawn.

As a vegan (eat no animal meats at all, no eggs, no fish and no dairy), I am hoping there will be yummy vegan meals available for me.

I also use soy milk and don't know whether I need to pack some tetra packs of soy milk. Am I allowed to take nut bars on board etc.. or maybe I don't need to??

Anyone got any of their own experiences on this topic to share or tips for me..

Thanks so much!!

There are always several vegetarian choices on the menu, but I am sorry that I can't tell you if they would suit your vegan specifications. I am pretty sure they would have soy milk because lactose intolerance is not terribly uncommon.

I see that you are sailing on 17th August. Maybe someone who is cruising on the Pacific Dawn before then could enquire (about the availabiity of soy milk) from the Maitre D' for you.

You can take any food at all on board, but it could be a bit of bother bringing any unused food back into Australia. If you wanted to go to the bother you could show the packaging to the Quarantine people.

Evon.

We had a fantastic experience with special food / dietry requirements onboard P&O in December 2007 / January 2008.

My friend is a Coeliac which means that she can not tolerate gluten. When we booked our cruise, we let them know that she would require special foods.

As soon as we boarded on Day 1, we went to the dining room to confirm this with the Head Waiter. He was very helpful, and so every night in the dining room after dinner, the waiters would know to bring her a copy of the next day’s Lunch & Dinner menu so she could mark what she wanted to eat the next day and they would work around those meals to try make a gluten-free version for her. They even had gluten free toast for her for breakfast.

I remember someone saying that there was a chef on the ship whose job was to cook all the meals for the passengers with special food requirements, so its good to know they try to cater for passengers’ needs.

I don't think you will have any problems, but hopefully someone who is also a vegan who has cruised will be able to give you some more info.

Thanks so much, yes that would be great if there is anyone who is vegan who can tell of their experience.

But hearing of the soy milk is very reassuring and also the ceoliac diet and chef cooking for special requirements. Maybe he will even make vegan desserts etc and something more interesting than salad and fries for every meal - lol

You guys are the best!! Thanks

Archived