Any other star gazing on Maui besides going to Haleakala?

kas37

My family of six adults go on POA Feb 6th. We would like to do some star gazing but our evening in Maui we are doing the Old Lahaina Luau. Has any one done the Passenger Planet star gazing with Harriet? I did a post search and someone had metioned the Hyatt but they dont do on Sunday evenings.

Does anyone know of any other star gazing opurtunities that start around 8:00 around Lahaina area?

any oppurtunities in Kauai our other overnight port? Im not finding anything..

thanks!!!

I've been on a Pacific Whale Foundation "Moonlight & Whalesong" cruise with Harriet. (She is the astronomer for the PWF.) She is excellent. I haven't done one of her personal tours but I'd imagine it would be a great experience.

• 3 months later...
Old Lahaina Luau... Oh I so do want to do this same Luau, I e-mailed and there is no transportation, how are you getting to and from ??? We are planning our trip also for Feb 6

We are renting a mini van for the six of us both days....that way we can go at on our own pace...

We will be on the POA the week after you, my husband loves star gazing, too bad you are a week earlier and have the schedled luau, or you could join us on Haleakala. I hear that when they sail by the volcano lava going into the sea, they turn the lights of the ship out and you can get a good view of the sky than. When out to sea you can often find a darker area of the ship to star gaze from, especially if you have a balcony. The area over the bridge is usually good. We are going to Big Island for a few days before the cruise and will be star gazing on Mona Kia with a tour. Good luck!

Archived