Alaska Itinerary Question

We to couldn't afford the high price of air to AK and out of Canada. I wasn't paying more for our air then our cruise. It was adding up to fly into Seattle and take the bus/train into Vancouver. So we decided to do a round trip on the Golden Princes in/out of Seattl.e We loved it. We also got Tracy Arm. You will love the one you pick. We loved the "INSIDE PASSAGE". We saw tons of sealife everywhere. When we were coming out of Tracy Arm there was an iceburg in our way and the ship leaned way over to the left. It was cool. Also, while in the fog our ship had a fog horn going off. Things I never got in the Caribbean. You will love Alaska no matter which passage you take. I have posted some of our photos.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/573506024MklxFe

See post #18 above for commuting to/from Vancouver.

It can be done. Whether it is cheaper or not, can only be determined by research.;)

We have found good flights at fairly reasonable prices for our cruise next year which will have us flying from Boston to Fairbanks and back home from Vancouver on Alaska Airlines. The one way flight from Vancouver to Boston(by way of Seattle) is quite good but the flights from Boston to Fairbanks via Seattle, while almost double are still not a budget breaker. This is one of those instances (open jaw) where the cruiseline may actually be able to offer you a better deal. Check out all your options before you decide.:)

Archived