WiFi coverage along the New England coastline

kwahl1

Leaving out of NYC on 9/23, hitting all those NE towns then ending up in Quebec. Thinking of bringing our laptop to avoid the costly and slow computers on board the ship. I don't think I can use the ships WiFi unless you can tell me "a little secret". In ports, how's the coverage with various unsecure wifi networks. Starbucks is an old reliable location. Would it be worth the hassle to tote around the laptop while in port, whilst looking for a hot spot? I'm open to any ideas. I've seen those services advertised that allow you to use your carrier via a USB plug in device that allows fast internet. I can see me in New England, walking around, laptop open, talking to the clouds, "Can you here me now"?:D

Leaving out of NYC on 9/23, hitting all those NE towns then ending up in Quebec. Thinking of bringing our laptop to avoid the costly and slow computers on board the ship. I don't think I can use the ships WiFi unless you can tell me "a little secret". In ports, how's the coverage with various unsecure wifi networks. Starbucks is an old reliable location. Would it be worth the hassle to tote around the laptop while in port, whilst looking for a hot spot? I'm open to any ideas. I've seen those services advertised that allow you to use your carrier via a USB plug in device that allows fast internet. I can see me in New England, walking around, laptop open, talking to the clouds, "Can you here me now"?:D

So one of your questions is how to get free WiFi using the ships internet? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips, all. Yes I was looking for a wifi freebie on board. But the town square, starbucks, library, terminals sounds like the way to go. The WiFi subcription thru a Verizon etc carrier would be too pricey of a plan for all the junk email I get and 75 cents a minute (after 100 minutes) is about what we paid last time and too slow also. Technology has passed me up! Wish I had my Commadore 64 again:D

Archived