Denali Hotel Suggestions?

Travel_Maven

My husband and I are planning a trip for June 2010. We need suggestions for a good hotel/B&B in the Denali area. We will have a car but prefer not to have to drive more than 15-20 minutes to the park entrance. We prefer a king bed but can make do with 2 queens. I've read a lot about how terrible the beds are in many hotels so any suggestions for places with comfortable beds would be great! Thanks a bunch!:)

We stayed at the Denali Lakeview Inn. It was about a 15 minute drive to the Park Entrance.

My parents had the Sparkling Waters room which had 1 king bed. We had Swan Cove which was 2 doubles. It was very comfortable. They provide a fridge with a continental breakfast. Coffee was available in the room, oatmeal, small boxes of cereal. The fridge had a fruit plate, raisin bread and danish, and some milk and juice. They would also make bagged lunches which were great for our trip into the park for a fee. The lunches were really good.

We really enjoyed this place. You never see the owners...your name is on a board directing you to your room. The key is in the door.

We would go back in an instant.

Archived