Question for Katisdale or anyone with a TravelScoot

RLM77

What a joy this board has been!

After reading about the basket being removed from the GoGo before entering the airplane; it started me thinking, what to do? Yea, I found a lightweight backpack that fits over the back of the GoGo’s seat, lots of room for DH’s cane, books, and meds. He can just carry it on to the plane, or I can, which is more the case.

Again, thanks.

Great Idea about the back pack ! Serves a duel purpose ... can use as carryon for plane and than on the ship in lieu of a basket. Thank you !;)

What a joy this board has been!

After reading about the basket being removed from the GoGo before entering the airplane; it started me thinking, what to do? Yea, I found a lightweight backpack that fits over the back of the GoGo’s seat, lots of room for DH’s cane, books, and meds. He can just carry it on to the plane, or I can, which is more the case.

Again, thanks.

Where did you find the backpack ? It sounds perfect for me because I'm not going to take the basket on my November cruise, but the backpack would work perfectly

Where did you find the backpack ? It sounds perfect for me because I'm not going to take the basket on my November cruise, but the backpack would work perfectly

I got it at TJ Max cheap, the name is Jansport. It is perfect; four zipper pockets, all in nylon net. The fold-up cane fits in the top zipper compartment. It is on the small size which is perfect. At this time there are many on the market due to the kids going back to school. Love it! The padded shoulder pads fit over the back of the seat with no discomfort to the rider. You should have no problem finding something like it. Frankly, without the basket, DH likes the scooter better than with the basket.

My city is in about the same situation so I always drive to Dallas for my departure city. As for being afraid about travelling with your scooter just don't let anybody give you any trouble. Ride the scooter to the jetway, have it tagged and then it is the responsibility of the air carrier to stow it for you and return it to you at your destination. I only fly non-stop so I don't have any experience with having to change planes.

Be sure to post how it all went after you return.:)

Archived