Traveling in 12 days ... how has the weather been ?

sweetlouise

We are leaving in 12 days doing northbound passage from Vancouver to Whittier. How has the weather truly been? I see on Yahoo weather that there's been a lot of rain. Is it constant? or just occasional?

simmy :-)

We are leaving in 12 days doing northbound passage from Vancouver to Whittier. How has the weather truly been? I see on Yahoo weather that there's been a lot of rain. Is it constant? or just occasional?

We just returned from a 15 day trip...2 days in Vancouver, 7 night Northbound cruise and 5 days on land. The only rain we had were the 2 days in Vancouver and the last day in Anchorage. The rest was warm and sunny. The locals told us this is not normal at all and normally they would have had much more rain. Check the weather before you leave.

Happy travels.

Just returned after a 14 day trip and we had NO RAIN at all. And there were record breaking temperatures, it was very warm. The exact opposite of the weather we had 3 years ago we went. It rained everyday and it was never over 55. So just prepared for any kind of weather.

The weather yesterday is no indicator of what the weather will be like tomorrow, but with a few nasty blips we're having the most incredible summer I've ever seen. Hope for the best, prepare for anything and Good Luck!

July 4th through July 18th - had glorious sunshine until last day. First week was warmer than second but still unbelievable temperatures!:) I ran out of short sleeve shirts!:D My saying for the trip is great weather, great wildlife, great ship! Doesn't get any better!!:)

Juneau- has had a very rainy- low clouds, chilly week- today- clouds so low- could barely see the cruise ships across the channel- but the weather station says it will be in the 80's by Sunday- Hot and dusty should be back soon- my plants are looking forward to it rlb :)

Thanks everyone. I'm really hoping for not too sunny weather. I know, I"m weird. We're coming from 100 degree temps right now so I'm looking to cool down (and wear some new stuff I bought) and the last thing I want is sunny and 80! LOL!!!!

Here's some of what KOMO TV in Seattle is saying about the weather in Alaska for the next little while.

"As I said earlier, the entire Pacific shoreline is being affected by the ridge, even in Alaska. (So hopping a cruise next week isn't too much relief). Highs Monday through Thursday are expected in the mid 80s along the panhandle, where Skagway is looking at 84 on Tuesday (relatively like a 95 here in Seattle).

Sunny and hot.

Cheers

Dennis

ROFL, o.k. so I guess I will be returning all the warmer stuff I bought ... and I can pack all my shorts for the trip ROFL. Ugh. Ii'm really not a warm weather person and was totally looking forward to cooler temps.

It will still be a great week ... cuz I don't have too cook for 8 whole days!!!!! haha.

Archived