great trip except rude people

travelcrazy006

Just because you sail on Windstar doesn't mean you won't encounter rude, tasteless people.

I can think of one who sails Windstar and fits that description! :D

When someone feels the need to attack an entire group of people as classless, they probably have much less class than they think they do. It's something really classy people don't need to do.

I can think of one who sails Windstar and fits that description! :D

When someone feels the need to attack an entire group of people as classless, they probably have much less class than they think they do. It's something really classy people don't need to do.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more with both points you made.

Here's the thing surfgirl. You prefer Windstar and all the other upscale lines. Basically, there is nothing wrong with that. However, it's quite obvious that you have hit a nerve with with most of the others who have posted on this thread.

Even though you said some, not all, there is still no need to belittle a whole cruise line in the way you chose to do so. The way you have described the other lines, one is lead to believe that EVERYONE has the most impeccable manners at all times. That picture is just as wrong as the one you paint. Believe it or not, there are people around that have cruised upscale lines and know there can be rude and obnoxius people anywhere, anytime and from any station in life. They might only have a different way of doing it than the "rough around the edges" people.

There is no point in trashing another line. I've read many reviews where a cruise was not to someone's liking for whatever reason, but they expressed their opinion in a way that did not make their preferred cuise line seem like The Best Ever at the expense of the other. There is always a diplomatic way to express opinions.

Nobody is trashing the line, however... I seem to have hit a nerve with some of the NCL cheerleaders. Maybe I am a little too close to the truth about NCL?

Beer helmets, belly flop contests, and shorts in the dining rooms may be for some people, but it's not for everyone.

There's nothing wrong with McDonalds... lots of people like it. Like McDonalds, NCL is not for everyone, and... my point.. obviously not for the OP. Different strokes for different folks.

Oh, and BTW... feel free to throw your "cute" personal attacks at me. It just proves my point that *SOME* people on NCL have no class and are rude. :D

Beer helmets, belly flop contests, and shorts in the dining rooms may be for some people, but it's not for everyone.

Since the belly flop contests went out with the introduction of Freestyle 2.0, June 2008, you must not have sailed NCL since sometime before that. With the speed all the cruiselines are evolving, your experience on NCL is very outdated. You'll need more recent experience if you want your input to be of any value to anyone.

Since the belly flop contests went out with the introduction of Freestyle 2.0, June 2008, you must not have sailed NCL since sometime before that. With the speed all the cruiselines are evolving, your experience on NCL is very outdated. You'll need more recent experience if you want your input to be of any value to anyone.

Yes! NCL sure is evolving. Jeans, flip flops and shorts in the dining rooms! ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing:

The type of behavior the OP experienced is one of the main reasons we will never cruise during the summer. We've witnessed similar type of behavior on Royal Caribbean in the past so it's certainly not restricted only to NCL. For the price you pay I feel the mass market cruise lines provide a good product. We don't expect a "Crystal experience" when we cruise on a mass market cruise line. But avoiding boorish behavior can usually be avoided with a flexible schedule and proper planning.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing:

The type of behavior the OP experienced is one of the main reasons we will never cruise during the summer. We've witnessed similar type of behavior on Royal Caribbean in the past so it's certainly not restricted only to NCL. For the price you pay I feel the mass market cruise lines provide a good product. We don't expect a "Crystal experience" when we cruise on a mass market cruise line. But avoiding boorish behavior can usually be avoided with a flexible schedule and proper planning.

I agree! Now I'm off this thread

thanx kewlguy

How old are you surfgirl? You sound very young. Also, I don't buy everything you're saying. Are you sure you've sailed Windstar?

Another rude person. And figures... she sails NCL. Keep making my point, folks!

Another rude person. And figures... she sails NCL. Keep making my point, folks!

If NCL is not your cup of tea, fine. Why you insist on belittling those of us who like NCL's product is probably the weirdest thing I've seen on these boards.

It's as though you want everyone to agree with your view of NCL. Well, we don't. So get over it and try to move on. Doesn't Windstar have boards? Wouldn't your time be better spent over there instead of calling posters who likes NCL rude and classless?

I mean, your vast experience of sailing them one time would be such an addition to their threads.

Or is there a deeper need to continue stirring the pot with your name calling and put-downs?

Why not write letters to NCL and complain to them about their decisions, and stop berating the people who sail them. How is that productive?

Good Day... I said Good Day! :p

(btw, I'm ready for you to call me rude and classless now. I'd be in good company. Knock yourself out.)

Well now that you explain it like that...:)

I'm glad you understand...sometimes I have to satisfy my champagne dreams on a beer budget.

NCL fills that need quite well. But I still don't understand the fascination that the common folk have with belly flops and hairy legs

-Marty

Nobody is trashing the line.......
You get what you pay for. NCL is a bargain basement cruiseline so it's going to attract some of the types of people you mention that are "rough around the edges."

............ Compared to a line such as Crystal.. NCL is the "McDonalds" of cruising.

This is not trashing?

[

however... I seem to have hit a nerve with some of the NCL cheerleaders.

You hit a nerve because none of the other posters see things as you do, except maybe the OP.

Maybe I am a little too close to the truth about NCL?

How you can say this is the truth about NCL is beyond me. It may be how YOU feel about NCL but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth.

I much prefer Windstar, but they don't sail out of NY, nor do they go to Bermuda.. so yes, I still will sail NCL now and then.. but I know what to expect. I know not to be upset when people walk in the main dining rooms in ratty jeans, backwards baseball hats, and t-shirts with advertisements on them.

Good for you, so now move on and don't continue to downgrade NCL. BTW, I have more cruises on two lines other than on NCL. If you want to call me an NCL cheerleader that's fine. I defend ANY cruise line that is maligned.

I avoid the pool on the NCL line like the plague. I can't stand the noise.. the loud "music" (and I use that term lightly) and the chaos there. That's why I get a balcony.. so I can relax in peace. Now, on Windstar, the pool situation is so much nicer. No blasting music, and no chair hogs.....

One again, what you prefer. As some one else mentioned, the pool area has vastly changed. There are also those that like lots of pool activities and that is one complaint about some of the other lines, not enough going on there. You yourself said, different strokes for different folks.

Oh, and BTW... feel free to throw your "cute" personal attacks at me. It just proves my point that *SOME* people on NCL have no class and are rude. :D

I'm still curious about this, unless disagreeing with something you have posted constitutes a personal attack. Now your second sentence........

You hit a nerve because none of the other posters see things as you do, except maybe the OP.

Now now-I've seen the light (and the grey poupon as well) thanks to my new bff

-Marty

And I was until I got an email that you had stalked me in an effort to discover all you could about me. So for the future of US, I've come back and I'm convinced by you in the errors of my previous mindset. Between the 2 of us I'm sure we can convince the commoners

-Marty

Not Monte -- Not Marty -- Now it's Little Lord Flounceroy! Go on with your bad, caviar-eating self!:D

P.S. - Sorry you're being stalked -- that's not fun.

You can make fun of us all you want...but in the light of day the friendship I've got with surfgirl will grow & flourish

Now when the two of us must cruise NCL (hopefully to Bermuda, it's beautiful there) we'll each have someone else on board with whom we can relate

It can be. :rolleyes:

I guess you're right! For those of us with nothing to hide, what difference does it make??:D:D

For those who try to represent themselves as something they're not, however, it could be horrible!:eek:

I guess you're right! For those of us with nothing to hide, what difference does it make??:D:D

For those who try to represent themselves as something they're not, however, it could be horrible!:eek:

Wow! That makes sense! I was thinking that for me it depends more on who is doing the stalking. :rolleyes:

Archived