WiFi Access Cost

What does RCI charge for WiFi access? We're leaving our 4 month old at home and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial (cost wise) to Skype (webcam) over Wifi instead of calling on our cell phones.

Unfortunately I don't know the current exact prices but I believe the best package you can get with RCI is $0.35/minute with their largest package (150 internet minutes). I could be wrong, this is just from memory.

On another note, I wouldn't count on being able to use live webcam or voice communication of any sort on a cruise ship connection as they are typically dial-up speed (or worse :().

That was going to be my next question (how fast is the connection) - oh well,, I guess I'll leave the laptop at home then

One other option you could consider is to take your laptop/netbook with you and find an Starbucks-type of cafe in port to Skype back home. The ship connections are painfully slow, but there is high-speed internet access in most ports.

Internet cost is $0.55 / minute, regardless of using WiFi or their computers.

Prepaid packages can be purchased at

$28 for 60 minutes

$38 for 90 minutes

$55 for 150 minutes

As mentioned the connection speed is slow and service not reliable to be always available.

The regular Skype ports are blocked, but of course there´s ways around this, however you are on a shared bandwidth and using Skype or similar services will make connections much worse for all others.

Archived