Overnight in Venice?

KerriCornell

Hello!

This may be a silly question but something I am curious about. I just booked a Med cruise for next May on board the Crown Princess. The itinerary shows the first two days in Venice (overnight). My question is, since the ship does not depart until 1pm the following day, are you free to come and go on the ship all night or are you required to be back on board that night for muster drill or anything else? Do you embark around the same time as a normal cruise (12-3pm?)

I think this is a very interesting way to start a cruise and will definitely save me one night of hotel cost in Venice!

Thank you for your help :)

We have boarded in Venice twice. You can get on the ship any time after 11:30, have lunch, drop your luggage in your room and you don't have to be back on until a half hour before you sail. They will probably have lifeboat drill at about 5PM the first day for anyone who is on board. We never did make it to a lifeboat drill on either cruise.

We have boarded in Venice twice. You can get on the ship any time after 11:30, have lunch, drop your luggage in your room and you don't have to be back on until a half hour before you sail. They will probably have lifeboat drill at about 5PM the first day for anyone who is on board. We never did make it to a lifeboat drill on either cruise.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated!

I am doing the same cruise, but on Ruby Princess leaving Venice this coming Monday. Our cruise starts off in Venice with an overnight on board the ship.

It's my understanding that the Muster Drill is actually held at 12:15 pm on the day the ship leaves Venice.

Archived