Dinner Wear - Royal Carib - Alaska ?

mokest

Hello,

We will be going on the inside passage cruise with RC late August into early Sept. - just before Labor Day. How do the women dress for dinner? Do you still wear white and look "summery", or do you dress as if it's early fall because it's cooler?

Thanks!

I am not sure about the white or not question but do want to point out that there were a lot of jeans in the main dining room on casual nights though the formal nights were very dressy = suits, tuxes, even a kilt or two; cocktail dresses to gowns. Non-formal nights are very causal and I am not sure if anyone will notice/question if you are wearing white beyond Labor Day.

I am not sure about the white or not question but do want to point out that there were a lot of jeans in the main dining room on casual nights though the formal nights were very dressy = suits, tuxes, even a kilt or two; cocktail dresses to gowns. Non-formal nights are very causal and I am not sure if anyone will notice/question if you are wearing white beyond Labor Day.

Jeans are allowed in the dining room for casual nights? That is really good to know.

I guess I asked the wrong question. I am assuming by that comment that jeans are NOT allowed people just take upon themselves to wear them anyways. SORRY.

I thought it was a perfectly wonderful question! On our ship, Carnival Spirit, many people wore jeans in the dining room. We spoke to people travelling with Royal Caribbean and Holland America and they said jeans were being worn in their dining rooms, too! We found Alaska to be much more casual than anywhere else.

Hello,

We will be going on the inside passage cruise with RC late August into early Sept. - just before Labor Day. How do the women dress for dinner? Do you still wear white and look "summery", or do you dress as if it's early fall because it's cooler?

Thanks!

Hi Mokest.

Are you on the Aug 28th sailing?

I thought it was a perfectly wonderful question! On our ship, Carnival Spirit, many people wore jeans in the dining room. We spoke to people travelling with Royal Caribbean and Holland America and they said jeans were being worn in their dining rooms, too! We found Alaska to be much more casual than anywhere else.

Though it's been a decade since we've been to Alaska (I'm getting ready for a 2010 trip)

I also recall that black was common (as I was wore black and felt comfortable), and though I recall no jeans in the dinning room, I do distinctly recall that it was more casual that our prior cruises.

But sshhhh... don't tell my husband and son, as the formal nights are the only time I can get them looking handsome in their suits and ties!!!

Hello,

Thanks!

This is a good question for me, too.

Our first two cruises were to tropical locations, and we would often go out on deck to watch the sunset or walk around before or after dinner.

We are going to be on a Carnival cruise from Anchorage on the 12th... and I am trying to bring the right clothes without packing my whole wardrobe! I guess I should bring some decent looking cardigan sweater for the dining room on non-formal days, and I'm not sure what to do about keeping warm on the formal nights! Both my dresses are knee-length and strapless.... Brr!

Knee length and strapless, you need a shawl! Alaska cruises are very, very port intensive with many sail aways just as some people need to go to dinner or even after dinner. The cruise lines show all those fancy people in the ads, but that is not how it is in real life.

After a long day of whale watching, glacier hiking etc. most people want a hot shower, a warm dinner and sleep.

Families with young children tend to be more casual than older people.

It's Alaska, be happy!

Hi Mokest & JZ6982,

Are you both on the roll call ? My sister and I are travelling on your cruise and when we signed up there were only 6 of us. Hope the great weather holds up, It's our first time to Alaska and Seattle.

Yes, I am on the roll call.

Archived