ventura - weekend to Bruges 30 Aug 09

lynnek

Has anyone been on a 3 day P & O mini cruise on Ventura? Just wondering if there is a formal night and when it is. Also what are the prices for beer and wine and are there any special packages available.

Hi Lynne,

I believe there is a formal night which is the second and last night on board.

Not sure about special (drinks) packages but understand that bar prices are very favourable and similar to shore side prices.

Does anyone know what cruise terminal Ventura will be departing from and at what time? I am departing on Queen Victoria on the same day and would like to have a look at her while I'm there.

Thanks for that - it gave me an instant answer which is what I like :D

How close are the berths to each other? I am leaving from 106 and Ventura from 46 - is it possible to go and take a look?

They are quite close together but separated by the quay for the Red Funnel ferry service to the Isle of Wight so I am not sure how easy it would be for you to get a close look at the Victoria. I see both ships are scheduled to leave at the same time so you may get a better view at sailaway. Last time we were at Southampton there was a line of 4 ships all setting sail at the same time.

Thanks, I'll stick my neck out a bit and see how close I can get.:o

They are quite close together but separated by the quay for the Red Funnel ferry service to the Isle of Wight so I am not sure how easy it would be for you to get a close look at the Victoria. I see both ships are scheduled to leave at the same time so you may get a better view at sailaway. Last time we were at Southampton there was a line of 4 ships all setting sail at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am on the Ventura party weekend break on 30 August with my husband and parents. I've looked into a return cab into Brugge which costs 90Euro. The cost is not too bad if it is shared between 6 - 8 of us. Would others like to join us? We can fit another 4 in!

We would be keen to be off the ship by 9am and return in good time - say 3.30pm.

Hi

I am on the Ventura party weekend break on 30 August with my husband and parents. I've looked into a return cab into Brugge which costs 90Euro. The cost is not too bad if it is shared between 6 - 8 of us. Would others like to join us? We can fit another 4 in!

We would be keen to be off the ship by 9am and return in good time - say 3.30pm.

Hi Missy73

If you've space for two more then my daughter and partner would love to share a taxi. I'll PM you with details.

Regards

Hi

Gosh thats £78, is that for a minibus cab then taking 8? Did you get the price of a car taxi for 4?

We always get the coach from ship to Bruges and return for about £24pp, includes map and a complimentary belgian chocolate.Interesting to learn that its cheaper for a couple to go by pando coach than get a taxi.:rolleyes:

Train into Brugges is also an option, quite a few people used it when we were in Zebrugge 17.07.09, on Arcadia. I think there was a shuttle to the station, but as we were on a trip to Ypres, I didn't take too much notice. I think I heard that the trains departed every half hour.

We are doing a 'Day Visit' to Ventura 01.09.09 and I found out this afternoon that she is at the new Ocean Terminal ( accessed via Dock Gate 4) so at least you will be returning to Ocean Terminal.( I say that because Arcadia departed from Ocean Terminal & came into QE2)

I cruised from the new Ocean Terminal in May on Oriana and took some photos as it was only 2 weeks old then, here is the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/NewOceanTerminalBerth46May09?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmwg_iQk5nJswE#5342423009479201858

You are given a queue card on arrival in the hall, and have to then sit down until your card is called, then you can enter the check-in queue...once checked in you board straight away, a bit different from the other terminals where you used to join a long check-in queue, maybe for 1/2 hr check in, then wait in a lounge ....this system means you don't spend ages in a queue waiting to check-in.

I'm going from the Ocean Terminal again in a fortnight too, this time on Oceana to Fjords.

We were given N check in card, M was called 1st then N 5 minutes later.

We left Novotel at noon & were eating in the Belvedere at 1pm, so the whole process from hotel to lunch on the ship took only an hour.

Thanks for the pictures Sue.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise Kitten

4 days for me- I go Saturday . There are 5 ships in ! The most ever for a sailaway I think. A lot of people on cruise chat sites have said they are coming down to wave us off from land, so should be good. We have a early departure and sail from Ocean Terminal so hopefully we will be in the lead.

There are 4 ships sailing on Sunday, so allow extra time for the journey.

Have a good one.

I just hope that by Tuesday, when Ventura returns, that the traffic won't be too bad.

We have had a letter from P&O to let us know, that because of 'Operational Reasons' that we are to park in QE2 terminal & will be bussed to Ventura, for our day visit. Me thinks that plenty of people will be using the car parks.

My daughter's in-laws + friends ( a group of 10 from Huddersfield) will be on Oriana, also leaving on Sunday.

I hope you all have good cruises.

I just hope that by Tuesday, when Ventura returns, that the traffic won't be too bad.

We have had a letter from P&O to let us know, that because of 'Operational Reasons' that we are to park in QE2 terminal & will be bussed to Ventura, for our day visit. Me thinks that plenty of people will be using the car parks.

I hope you all have good cruises.

Well i hope that the traffic wont be too bad for you, me and my boyfriend who are part of a group of six will be making our way down and back by train. It takes about the same time as by car from where we live and we get the train free as my boyfriend works for SWT. The rest of our group are going by car with all the suitcases and we meet them there at the docks lol.

I hope we all have a good cruise, and hope to meet a few new people on board from here lol

CK x

We had a phone call from P&O at 2pm this afternoon, to say that our Ventura visit for tomorrow was cancelled!

Reason given: a storm yesterday will prevent her arriving in Soton on time for the visit.

DH rang the hotel where we were going to stay & cancelled.

Unfortunately, we were about 15 minutes late cancelling, so P&O may get a bill from us if we are charged.

Archived