How long does "Tuesday's Sales Event" last?

I seen that the price of our upcoming cruise dropped by $60 p/p. SO I called and C&A said it was only a Tuesday Sales Event and was only valid for new bookings. I've checked back yesterday and today (Thurs) and the Sales pricing is still there. What's the deal? Why won't they give me the price reduction? How long does these Sales prices keep up?

Unless the price is still "for new bookings only"

They all say for now bookings only. That gives them the ability to turn you down if they want. Once Tuesday is past tho, they normally consider it just a regular discount and anyone can get it.

OK NO DICE - just tried calling C&A. Now they said these special prices are a part of a "Happy Hour" special and only valid for new bookings only. On Tuesday they called this the Tuesday Special - now its Happy Hour. What a load...

Maybe just trying calling a reg. sales rep at RCL instead of C&A...if the price is still showing online you should be able to get it...we all know if you call 5 times you get 5 different answers, so I'd keep calling...;)

Good idea - I'll try that

If the price is listed only on the Tuesday Specials page, then it is for new bookings only. If you find the lower price when making a faux booking on RCCL, then you should get the reduction. :rolleyes:

This is indeed the case. If I make a faux boking through the RCI website, I get the newer pricing - of which it indicates in Red "Royal Caribbean Special Sales Event"...

This is indeed the case. If I make a faux boking through the RCI website, I get the newer pricing - of which it indicates in Red "Royal Caribbean Special Sales Event"...

The "Special Sales Event" indicates to me that this means the Tuesday (formally Happy Hour) Special. Sorry! ;) I'd still keep trying, however, I have to agree with marci22... Somebody needs to make money. I saw a price drop on my JS, but it was only for $20 pp, so I let my TA keep it. Wasn't worth the aggravation for us both to request a refund. Now, if the amount was $50pp and up, I might be balking or at least try for an upgrade. :D

Ok so I called and talked to a lady at the normal RCCL Travel number - not C&A. I told her that I'd like to take advantage of the price reduction. She said "We'll I don't think you're going to want to do that because you have just been upgraded to a Junior Suite".

I said NO WAY - you just made my day!!!

I guess the Upgrade Fairy is real after all!! WooHoo!!!!

Archived