How long does disembarkation take at ports of call?

JamieEvan

We're scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on the Majesty at 3:00PM. We're renting a scooter and the shop (which is right near the port) closes at 5:30. Any chance we won't be able to make it? I'd really like to have the scooter that day to take us to the beach, since all the shops in St. Georges will be closed by that time, but I also don't want to take the risk of reserving a scooter and not being able to make it on time. Anyone have any experience with this?

We're scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on the Majesty at 3:00PM. We're renting a scooter and the shop (which is right near the port) closes at 5:30. Any chance we won't be able to make it? I'd really like to have the scooter that day to take us to the beach, since all the shops in St. Georges will be closed by that time, but I also don't want to take the risk of reserving a scooter and not being able to make it on time. Anyone have any experience with this?

If she arrives by 3:00 pm, you should be able to safely get off an hour or so after that.

The only issue would be weather related delays.

If everything goes according to schedule, you'll be fine. It is just a matter of whether you want to take a chance that things do not go according to schedule. The Majesty arrived late the week we were there due to weather (we were there on the Dawn), but the odds are definitely in your favor. So, it all depends on how upset you'll be if you have reserved it and cannot get there.

ETA: Woops, sorry CTCruiser, I guess I was writing while you were posting.

I can't say this for sure, but I'm willing to bet that if the ship were to come in late, the shop would stay open. I'm sure you're not the only one who's planning on getting a scooter right when you get there, and since these shops rely heavily on cruise ship passengers, they're likely to stay up a little later. I'm not sure if you're new to cruising or not, but if you are, beware; getting off a ship right when it gets into port is like a 10 lane highway being cut down to 1 lane with all cars trying to get off at the same exit. It's a madhouse. I usually wait about an hour or so after we dock so I don't have to wait on the stairs with hundreds of other people.

Archived