First time on Mariner-need suggestions

We are a family of 4 (kids 22, 18) traveling on Mariner Thanksgiving week to the Mexican Riviera. Please provide me with suggestions on everything you can think of from where to stay pre-cruise (from airport), one day of fun in LA, transportation to cruise, a place to pick up a few groceries close to pre-boarding, Mariner activities, dining suggestions, do's and don'ts on the Mariner, best off shore excursions, etc. etc. Is there a thread I can visit that might tell me all this already? Thank you!

For LA-area and nearby San Pedro info:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

For Mexican Riviera ideas:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Also, check out your fellow cruisers on your Thanksgiving sailing on the Roll Call Board:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=266

You will like the Mariner. We sailed her last March, and are on her again Sept 20. If you have specific questions, I'll be glad to answer you back after my sailing. In general, the Mariner has a great basketball court, surrounded by the perfect area to read and relax, with plenty of sun or shade at all times. The court is also next to the rock climbing wall, mini golf, ping pong and roller blading. We also love the screening room, which is a small movie theatre near the bottom of the ship, that shows fairly new movies (usually those just released on video. Go to seamovies.com closer to your sail date for a better idea). It's also fun to go to the helipad--finding it is half the adventure--, and also the peekaboo deck to view the captain as he is sailing the ship. The solarium is a nice quiet place for the adults to swim or read and rest, and is bigger than it looks. As far as food, the dining room is always enjoyable, Johnny Rockets is fine, though now that there are no more "free" coupons we'll probably pass on it, but the real winner is the Cafe Promenade. We LOVE this place! They have the best tiny ham and cheese croissant sandwiches. They have a couple of different selections each day (tuna salad is yummy, and I'm pretty squirmish about tuna that I haven't made myself), plus pizza, cookies and cakes. A great place for a snack, or to grab a cookie and head down to see a movie. Hope you have fun!

Archived