Triumph - Cat 11 or 12? Help!

GulfCoaster

Hello!

Asking for help again this year!

Last year on our Fantasy cruise out of NOLA many of you came to my rescue regarding cabin catagories on a last min. cruise (porthole vs. window on that ship). Took you advice, booked the porthole and it was just fine! Very little foot traffic being at the front of the ship and it was a very quiet area as well. On a Fantasy Class ship would do that cabin again in a heartbeat. So here I am again, regarding the Triumph as I don't know that ship.

This trip my wife will be turning the big "5-0" so I want to do it up and take the plunge for a suite. Any thoughts between Cat 11 or 12? There are two Cat 11's at the front of the ship on Lido Deck that look bigger then the other Cat 11's , but not sure about that location, balcony, etc. Then of course there are the 12's with a much higher price.

Thanks for any and all your help and suggestions.

Mike

Hello!

Asking for help again this year!

Last year on our Fantasy cruise out of NOLA many of you came to my rescue regarding cabin catagories on a last min. cruise (porthole vs. window on that ship). Took you advice, booked the porthole and it was just fine! Very little foot traffic being at the front of the ship and it was a very quiet area as well. On a Fantasy Class ship would do that cabin again in a heartbeat. So here I am again, regarding the Triumph as I don't know that ship.

This trip my wife will be turning the big "5-0" so I want to do it up and take the plunge for a suite. Any thoughts between Cat 11 or 12? There are two Cat 11's at the front of the ship on Lido Deck that look bigger then the other Cat 11's , but not sure about that location, balcony, etc. Then of course there are the 12's with a much higher price.

Thanks for any and all your help and suggestions.

Mike

I would splurge for a CAT 9A aft wrap around... that is if balcony time is important to you.. ;)

The rap around deck looks huge on the deck plans! Any idea of the sq. footage? We won't spend that much time on the balcony, but I am looking for the best for the buck we can get on this trip and enjoy as much space as possible. What is available for the cruise we are looking at in the Cat 9 is the cabin right below the pool area. Any thoughts on noise from deck chairs, etc?

Anyway, thanks for the tip and also thanks for the Cat 11 tip as well. Gotta make this decision quick and then hide it all from my wife.

Mike

The rap around deck looks huge on the deck plans! Any idea of the sq. footage? We won't spend that much time on the balcony, but I am looking for the best for the buck we can get on this trip and enjoy as much space as possible. What is available for the cruise we are looking at in the Cat 9 is the cabin right below the pool area. Any thoughts on noise from deck chairs, etc?

Anyway, thanks for the tip and also thanks for the Cat 11 tip as well. Gotta make this decision quick and then hide it all from my wife.

Mike

Penthouse Suite

Twin beds that convert to king, large private balcony, sitting area with 2-armchairs and coffee table, desk, double sofa bed, dressing area with vanity, walk-in closet, safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 345 Balcony: 85

On Decks: Empress

C11.gif 11

Suite

Twin beds that convert to king, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, 2 large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 275 Balcony: 65

Cabins 9205 and 9206 have standard size balconies. Cabin 7228 is a modified handicap cabin and 450 square feet with 110 square foot balcony.

On Decks: Lido Empress

C9A.gif 9A

Premium Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, wrap around balcony, private bath with shower, mini bar, safe, phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 75

We have not had a wrap on deck 8 yet will in April.. but have heard there maybe some noise from the deck chairs but that did not deter us from booking one.. we have had a midship CAT 11 on the sister ship of the Triumph the Victory.. and I still to this day would have had I known at the time booked the aft wrap.. depends again if you want more room space or outside space.. I am sure you will enjoy whatever you book..

KruznKel!

Thank you so much for all the information and stats. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me on this!!!

Mike

You are welcome Mike.. I am sure you enjoy which ever cabin you decide to book.. ;) Have a fantastic time :)

Mike;

We just booked the Cat 11, (Cabin 7326), but the 9A Aft Wrap (Cabin 8433), was tempting and it was the same price. We're just happy to welcome another ship class to New Orleans, even though we loved the Fantasy.:)

Archived