Does size matter ???

YeaYeaYea

We found HAL to be consistent in their offerings across the fleet.

We have a "stairs only" policy, and also walk around the deck may times each day, so the bigger the deck, the more interesting the walk...

We have had fun on each of the sizes of ship we have been on. The size doesn't matter so much as the itinerary, and price. As we prefer rooms with a balcony, this sometimes gives the Vistas the edge, as there are many more of them...

:D:D:D

On Holland America I prefer the small R and S class ships. The Vista Class ships are fine but feel a bit too comparmentalized. No all large ships are bad however; I really love the Solstice class ships of Celebrity and their M class ships are great as well. Didn't care for the large ships of Royal Caribbean and Princess. Space ratios and "flow" of the ship are important when it comes to that "crowded" feel.

The "R" class ships that Azamara, Oceania and Princess use are a bit too small, but those ships are used for really port intensive itineraries, so it works fine.

I've never cruised the QEII, but it looks like it might be a nice larger ship?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived