Juneau and Ketchikan Parks (playgrounds)

c-cruise

Hi, we are leaving on the Island Princess next week and have a last minute question regarding Juneau and Ketchikan. Looking for parks/schools with a playground within reasonable walking distance (a couple miles) of the docks in both these ports. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and would like to find somewhere for her to run around and play for a bit to burn off some energy before we return to the ship. We have been to these ports several times before, but have never been on the lookout for a playground. Any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks.

We are cruising on the Statendam with a 1 year old in early September and I thought we would try to do the same thing. Here is a link I found to the Parks and Rec Dept for Juneau.

I don't know the area yet, but I think "downtown" is easily accessible from the port.

http://www.juneau.org/parkrec/facilities/downtown.php

The parks website for Ketchikan doesn't show where the parks are, but I think it's a much smaller town so it should be easier. For both towns I was thinking I would pick up a map at the visitor's center and ask them to mark where a playground was on the map.

Have fun!

Hi paryea, thanks for the info. Looks like there are some good park options in Juneau . I had actually checked out the parks and rec site for Ketchikan, but it is pretty lacking in information. There is Whale Park and Eagle Park which look pretty close, but have no idea if they have playgrounds. There is also City Park, but it is quite far away.

Archived