Anyone Flown with K2 Aviation in Talkeetna?

mtnbikechick73

My husband and I are booked to fly with K2 Aviation in Talkeetna on 8/22 when we're there during the land-tour portion of our cruise. We are going to be doing a flight with a glacier landing. Has anyone flown with them before? What was your experience with them, and with the whole Mt. McKinley flight/glacier landing?

I am TERRIFIED of these small planes. HATE THEM. HATE. I don't like flying in commercial jets. BUT, my husband was able to get me to take a flight in a Cessna over the glaciers in Juneau on our last Alaskan cruise. Not sure how he talked me into it, except I love him so much and I knew how much he wanted to do it. I know how much he wants to fly around Mt. McKinley, and even I want to stand on a glacier. Soooooo, I agreed again this time. :o

Hi Terri, we too are flying K2 on the 22nd! How neat is that!!! I know they were rated #1 excursion on Tripadvisor.com so that is why I booked them. The owner seemed very nice on the phone when I spoke with her way back in April. We too are doing the landing on the glacier, we might be on the same flight! I just hope we are able to do it....the melt could be too much and they may cancel that part. I'm so excited......:D

2 things:

First, our neighbors have visitors that took the flight last week. Even though the glacier was too soft for landing, they had an absolutely awesome time, and are ready to do it again already.

Second, this is a top-notch operation, with experienced pilots and a fantastic reputation.

We flew with K2 aviation on July 2 and even though it was a bit cloudy, we thoroughly enjoyed our flight. Our pilot was excellent, pointing out the highlights as we flew over them. It was breathaking to see Mt. McKinley and other mountains. We did not land on a glacier but thoroughly enjoyed our excursion.

Hi!!! That is so cool that we're probably on the same flight! Well, we're doing the early flight (9 AM), are you? Yes, they told me the glacier was currently day-to-day on the landing. She said they were about to go check it again and were hoping by the time we were there, it would be good to land on.

I'm a nervous flier, but I know I'll love the scenery, so all I can do it pray and enjoy it, right? See you then!

Hi Terri, we too are flying K2 on the 22nd! How neat is that!!! I know they were rated #1 excursion on Tripadvisor.com so that is why I booked them. The owner seemed very nice on the phone when I spoke with her way back in April. We too are doing the landing on the glacier, we might be on the same flight! I just hope we are able to do it....the melt could be too much and they may cancel that part. I'm so excited......:D

Hi!!! That is so cool that we're probably on the same flight! Well, we're doing the early flight (9 AM), are you? Yes, they told me the glacier was currently day-to-day on the landing. She said they were about to go check it again and were hoping by the time we were there, it would be good to land on.

I'm a nervous flier, but I know I'll love the scenery, so all I can do it pray and enjoy it, right? See you then!

We are on the later flight at 1130....maybe we will see you as you come off the plane...Have a great flight and enjoy the ride.

Archived