Airline help

jpres

I don't think that question can be answered definitively. But, from what little "window shopping" I've done, the prices don't seem to vary much at all between airlines. There isn't much competition on this route. The only airlines that actually fly are Air Tahiti Nui (2 flights per day) and Air France (3 flights per week). Everything else is a code-share.

There are very limited flights in and out of Papeete. ATN seems to have the most flights, all except the one day per week, and sometimes they throw in another day also. I know there are some problems the middle of October this year as the day the cruise ends, ATN is not offering any flights out that day (and it isn't a Sunday).

ATN also is a very good way (at least we think so) of flying in and out of Tahiti. Very nice, and they make the trip much more enjoyable then some of the other airlines.

Many times you will see other airlines listed for Tahiti, but they are code shares with ATN. Check the flight numbers and times and many will be the same as the ATN flights and are actually on ATN, but at different prices, and almost always higher.;)

I might also suggest you check your cruise lines air prices. I know Princess flys strickly with ATN and most times the flights are cheaper booking them through the cruise line then privately. One of the few times I have seen this, and it is also one of the few destinations we book our air through the cruise line. We have yet to be able to beat the price offered. through Princess.

Archived