Boston sightseeing

csk

We are on the Jewel getting back to Boston on 9/26, our flight does not leave until 4:30, can someone give me some idea what to do until we need to be at airport, I know RC has a tour of the city, but was wondering about other options. Thanks

Well, one family got a water taxi pass for the day and arranged to have the water taxi pick them up at the pier and take them to Rowe's Whart, where they stored their luggage with the Water Taxi folks. They were then free to walk over to Quincy Market or whatever. They made Water Taxi reservation to go to the airport, came back, collected their luggage and went by boat to the airport. There is a shuttle bus to the terminals on the airport side. The water taxi pass covered all this.

• 2 weeks later...

The Boston Duck tour is a good sightseeing tour. Also the Boston Museum of Science and the New England Aquarium are good choices. Given the amount of time you have, if you chose to do the Aquarium or the Museum, you wouldn't have time for anything else. Both are pretty big and would take up a lot of time. If you have luggage, you'll want to store it. I don't know if either the Museum or the Aquarium have storage facilities. That's one good thing about doing a cruise excursion on the last day. They take care of storing your luggage.

If the RCL excursion is not storing your luggage in a bus and dropping you at the airport, then you might want to seriously consider the water taxi option. This solves the luggage storage issue and you can go on a duck tour or to the Aquarium or Museum of Science or wherever. Call them and they will tell you what they offer - I know another group of 5 people were very happy with the arrangements. You should be off the ship by 10 am and you would have until 2-2:30 to explore Boston.

Thanks everyone for your ideas, looks like lots of good options, I am sure we will find one of them good,

Does anyone know anything about the Four Points Sheraton at the airport, hotwire has it for $68 for the night I am looking at, sounds pretty good, not sure how far from pier it is , they have a shuttle from the airport. thanks again

Thanks everyone for your ideas, looks like lots of good options, I am sure we will find one of them good,

Does anyone know anything about the Four Points Sheraton at the airport, hotwire has it for $68 for the night I am looking at, sounds pretty good, not sure how far from pier it is , they have a shuttle from the airport. thanks again

If it is the hotel I'm thinking of, it is located in Revere Ma. This would be ~ 4-5 miles from the airport.

We arrive on the NCL Dawn on Sept 11th and have booked the Duck Tour at 10:30 a.m. at the Museum of Science. What is the best way to get there? We are able to walk but thought it may be a little far plus we would need to know how long it will take to walk. Is there public transportation we should use or just get a taxi?

It's really a bit far to consider walking. You could take a cab or take the Silver Line at Black Falcon to South Station, then the Red Line direction Alewife to Park St (get on the back of the train if you can) and then the Green Line direction Lechmere destination Lechmere to Science Park Station. It is a short walk from there to the Museum of Science.

The Museum of Science is great. I go at least once a year and have been going since before I can remember. It also has the only indoor lightning show in the country. Lots of fun and LOTS to do.

If only looking for a few hours to kill, Fanieul Hall/Quincy Market is great. For a great lunch go to Dick's Last Resort...half food/half comedy show.

Archived